Unskippable: Lost Odyssey

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
This was one was great, I like Lost Odyssey and the Reboot references were pretty awesome too!

Godd point about the helmets the "1's" were wearing. Unless they had impossibly elongated heads, some of Kaim's swords strikes would have compltely missed their mark. Or maybe he was just particularly intent on ruining their helmets.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
"More resilient than Wiley Coyote" = Win. Oh, and I love the Firefox and binary jokes. The episode was brilliant.

Typhron

Dec 17, 2008
"Those were probably the most ridiculous helmets I have ever seen ever..."

Indeed. I'm heavily reminded of pokemon, how everyone seems to be taking turns in wrecking each other's ridiculously looking thing with another ridiculously looking thing. And the severe lack anyone saying more then two words.

Triple G

Sep 12, 2008
So fuckin' ridiculous cutscene, that's what I hate about Japanese games. Yes, of course you can block a twin-linked flamethrower with a sword *rolleyes*

bawkbawkboo1

Nov 20, 2008
The last line was the funniest thing that epidsode. Not bad.

I recently finished playing through Trauma Center: New Blood on the Wii. That game, as well as its predecessor, have some hilariously bad cut scenes that would make for good material for this series. Please do them next.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Reboot referances, Awesome!

A giant hammer that only has a range of about 30 feet, yeah, that's a good anti-personnel weapon.

Neo Kojiro

Mar 19, 2008
I laughed like hell when they mentioned binary.

Also, to be fair, that guy (Kaim) IS immortal, so he only really ever actually gets knocked out in battle and shrugs off huge sky-volcanos.

devilatwork

Apr 17, 2009
Did anyone hear that Resident Evil 5 reference!?!?!? A big sissy who is got lava dump on his head and then blown up!?!?! Wesker Final Boss!?!?!?!

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Ok, yeah, so what was with the lava raining down from the sky?
This is why I don't like RPGs, they make no sense.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
devilatwork said:
Did anyone hear that Resident Evil 5 reference!?!?!? A big sissy who is got lava dump on his head and then blown up!?!?! Wesker Final Boss!?!?!?!
Well, now that you pointed it out, yes I did.

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
The Reboot references ALONE were enough to get me laughing really hard, not to mention the click and double-click jokes.

What was with those helmets, though? I don't think I've ever seen helmets that looked that absurd before.

sonidraw

Mar 1, 2009
The Reboot reference automatically makes this one of my favorite Unskippables ever, but then you had to add the 'hammer time' line. Now I don't know if you can top this...

Daimes2000

Oct 20, 2008
"I think he's a memory leak." - great insider for those who know the story of the game :)

Well done episode!

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
johnman said:
Whats gone wrong? this episode isnt even up on the main site or in the unskipable area, i just found it in the news feed.
And seriosuly, that was one messed up cutscene. What the hell was going on? Trust the japanse to mkae 7 minuite ling cutscene where you leanr absolutly nohting about the settign or the story.
Actually, considering the main theme of teh game is the guy who lived is an immortal who cannot die and just lives his life fighting in wars, it tells alot. YOu just don't know right away.

That was a great episode. I loved the constant computer/binary jokes and the silly hat thing which is what I was thinking when I first played this.