Unskippable: Lost Odyssey

Flukey

Feb 17, 2009
Amazing episode. The best so far, in my opinion. Loved the binary analogy, but this whole episode is gold

On a side note, what does it say about 2001 when I get the reference without having seen the film?

Samman

Mar 19, 2009
ssgt splatter said:
Ok, yeah, so what was with the lava raining down from the sky?
This is why I don't like RPGs, they make no sense.
The event in the cutscene is referred to throughout the game as a meteor falling on the battlefield (through the use of magic!).

Neo Kojiro

Mar 19, 2008
ssgt splatter said:
Ok, yeah, so what was with the lava raining down from the sky?
This is why I don't like RPGs, they make no sense.
Really, you should hate most games and a number of movies for pulling shit you don't immediatey understand which is eventually explained, as it's a fairly common concept.

It's eventually explained that said magic meteor lava thing was done by the main villian, although i don't recall the exact reason off-hand. It's been a while since i played it, i never actually finished it, and i seldom pay attention to reasoning in plotlines, anyhow.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Very good one, though from the opening view I was expecting people wearing stovepipes for a line, but One's and Zero's works even better! There does seem to be a heavier portion of JRPG scenes, but that's quite possibly to be expected. I would say let's do one for the original Half Life opening, but might be hard to beat Machinima.com's one in Freeman's Mind. Are you up to the challenge, G&P?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Danny3005 said:
carnkhan4 said:
I not sure everyone would remember back to Eternal sonata to get one of the jokes...but excellent none the less!
You talking about the puddle joke?
That's the one!

The Reboot references would've been enough to get laughs out of me. Throwing in HAL, Firefox and continuous silly-hat jokes? Bonus. This one's a keeper, guys.

And man, really, who designed those helmets? Did Japan forget that metal is very dense and therefore very heavy? But then again, if you're throwing broadswords like they're javelins then I suppose twenty pounds of steel on top of your noggin doesn't faze you much.

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
Ahahaa. This was so classic. "This is what happens in your computer when you start up Firefox." Got a couple giggles outta me. Good job, guys.

Aleol

Mar 20, 2009
WAit a second, you can't cut through guys in full metal armor! No matter how overcompensatory your sword is.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Well it seems not only has Lost Odyssey continued the tradition in JRPGs with overly long cut scenes that make the actually gameplay look like a snail race, complete with really unusually designs... but this has got to take the cake thus far for me personally... I mean really, what the hell is going on!?

Leorex

Jun 4, 2008
this one wasnt that funny, perhaps because i played it, and the darkness throwbacks are getting kinda old.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Well if you count Far cry 2 It's actually the 5th time you died.. or sixth. I think I lost count. Basically you die a lot.

Sageeth

Mar 19, 2009
I was waiting for the fouth time he died and it finally came... though I guess it didn't since it was retracted. The game this was taken from is great but I have to agree that the opening cutscene is a little weird. Loved the Reboot references.