Unskippable: Lost Odyssey

smudboy

May 30, 2008
Absolutely brilliant. That was one of the stupidest war scenes I've ever seen in a video game, hats, ridiculous siege weapons and all (this from a guy who got through half the game.) I was hoping for a Fallout 3 reference near the end there, but man, you guys did it again!

alf1985

Oct 7, 2008
D_987 said:
I didn't find that particularly funny - maybe its because this was one of the few games I've played all the way through (twice!) that Unskippable have done - but I just didn't find the comments particularly funny, particularly as they are by no means a bad set of cut scenes.

I'm sure there a number of references I've missed too, but then again, thats not my fault =p.
Dude, you use the word 'particular' alot. By the way, most references were simple computer ones. You know, like the thing you used to come to this site and post that comment.

Oh yeah, that reboot reference was funny, but we older guys cant forget that alot of people on this site dont know what "format: GAURDIAN" means.

Tayrtahn

Feb 24, 2008
Ah, thanks for the ReBoot references... got me all nostalgic. That show got really awesome a few seasons into its run. Still cheesy as hell though.

Anyway, another good Unskippable. To those who have played this game, is there any explanation for the sky-lava?

The Brian J

Apr 18, 2009
"Why do we keep using those things? That happens every time!"

Another great vid, guys. And more importantly...

Congratulations on hitting PAGE 2 for videos!

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Wow, that was ridiculous.
If you play as this character, the game must be extremely boring because of how easy it is.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
alf1985 said:
D_987 said:
I didn't find that particularly funny - maybe its because this was one of the few games I've played all the way through (twice!) that Unskippable have done - but I just didn't find the comments particularly funny, particularly as they are by no means a bad set of cut scenes.

I'm sure there a number of references I've missed too, but then again, thats not my fault =p.
Dude, you use the word 'particular' alot. By the way, most references were simple computer ones. You know, like the thing you used to come to this site and post that comment.

Oh yeah, that reboot reference was funny, but we older guys cant forget that alot of people on this site dont know what "format: GAURDIAN" means.
Thank you for pointing that out "dude", I use the word "particularly" a number of times because it expresses the feeling that I do not feel strongly on the point I am making.
As for the computer references; I'll have to rewatch the episode at sometime but I didn't catch many (the ones I did understand were not funny in my opinion) - and no I have no idea what "format : GUARDIAN" (is that what you meant to type?) is and nor do I wish to.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Skeleon said:
Wow, that was ridiculous.
If you play as this character, the game must be extremely boring because of how easy it is.
You can die in combat - the character(s) are not actually immortal in game - they just get revived automatically after a certain number of turns.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
D_987 said:
alf1985 said:
D_987 said:

Thank you for pointing that out "dude", I use the word "particularly" a number of times because it expresses the feeling that I do not feel strongly on the point I am making.
As for the computer references; I'll have to rewatch the episode at sometime but I didn't catch any - and no I have no idea what "format : GUARDIAN" (is that what you meant to type?) is and nor do I wish to.
You really didn't get ANY computer references in that whole epidsode?

OT - I loved it, guys! I'll never force quit my pirated copy of Barbie's Horse Adventure again!

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
I especially liked the Reboot references. And the 2001: A Space Odyssey references. In fact, I liked all the references.

Also, the previous Unskippable: The Darkness references.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Chipperz said:
D_987 said:
As for the computer references; I'll have to rewatch the episode at sometime but I didn't catch any - and no I have no idea what "format : GUARDIAN" (is that what you meant to type?) is and nor do I wish to.
You really didn't get ANY computer references in that whole epidsode?

OT - I loved it, guys! I'll never force quit my pirated copy of Barbie's Horse Adventure again!
After re-watching it, yeah I actually got all of them - didn't make them funny however which is probably why I forgot them when typing that comment.

midpipps

Feb 23, 2009
This has to be on of the best Unskippables yet. Great Job guys and all the references were great especially loved the reference back to Eternal Sonata

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
This one was quite good :)
Keep up the good work. And... watch out for those heatsinks >_>

Quinterfresh

May 4, 2009
The reboot references were great. During the part when the sky opened up into falling lava, I was so, so, so hoping for "Warning: Incoming Game." I would have died if you guys did that. But oh-well.

Otherwise great episode.

Midnight Voyager

Jan 7, 2008
the... hell?

I know I haven't played the game, but that was the silliest cutscene that I have ever seen try THAT HARD to be serious.