Unskippable: Lost Odyssey

FSS-Zilla

May 3, 2008
Long time watcher, first time poster (ranted on Yahtzee's Brawl review once, that doesn't count).

This was one of the best Unskippables yet. I don't know if the lack of dialogue helped, since that allowed a lot of free room for interpretation, but this one seemed a lot richer than the others. The ReBoot bits really made my day.

10/10 would watch again. Keep it up!

Edit: Also, I should add that Unskippable is thoroughly more enjoyable now than Zero Punctuation. That's both a compliment to Unskippable and a jab at ZP, which lost it's spunk some time around Spore in my opinion.

Taniquel

Dec 9, 2008
Awesome job guys! You are what got me to visit the Escapist in the first place, and you are what keep me coming back. Keep up the good work!

Devornine

Apr 14, 2009
I like of all the impossible things this game had, (the guy not dying from lava, blocking fire blasters with a sword...ect) You pick that he can't cut through the armor!

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
OK, I admit I have not been liking this series of late. It seems to have gotten stale a couple months back. The last thing I distinctly remember laughing at was the Giant Artichoke not being "lightly simmered", which still gets me every time. But this... this was good. I laughed again, finally. It helps that this cutscene was thoroughly ludicrous all by itself -- I mean, what the hell HAPPENED anyway? -- but the running gag about ones and zeroes and the HAL references really made this. Also, "the fourth time I died." Pfffff!

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I love the game, but like the opening of Eternal Sonata, this was one DAMN silly cutscene. The good thing about Lost Odyssey though, is once you can take control of the main character he's still just as powerful.

raolsether

May 20, 2009
Triple G said:
So fuckin' ridiculous cutscene, that's what I hate about Japanese games. Yes, of course you can block a twin-linked flamethrower with a sword *rolleyes*
Twin-linked? Warhammer 40k reference? 'Cuz I don't remember any twin-linked flamers in that game.

As for this one, I agree. That has to be the most ridiculous looking battle I've ever seen. The silly hats (ZP anyone?) just had me laughing.

And yes, those siege weapons are quite impractical. Then again, all siege weapons are impractical unless being used for a, oh, I dunno, SIEGE.

Can't wait for next week's Unskippable.

neolode

Mar 30, 2009
Oh noes poor 1's and 0's...
... on the other hand those bastards make may computer crash !!DIE BITCHES!!

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
The reboot jokes were the best, nice touch guys!

"My format: Guardian. To mend and defend."