Unskippable: Lost Planet 3

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Lost Planet 3

Join Graham and Paul as they find Nicolas Cage stranded on an island covered in cliche.

Watch Video

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Batman? I would've said Senor Cardgage but I guess you did that one already. The Kerrigan likeness on the other hand, is uncanny aside from rather droopy eyes. Maybe she'll get infested by the Akrid and get to go around killing people nekkid? Actually, the grandfather sort of looks like SC2's Arcturus Mengsk.

That looked like the crappiest exploration shuttle ever. No way they expected it to come back. They just wanted those guys off the ship, they didn't care where. So they told them to go get Lost... yeah I'm done.

Jan 12, 2012
Apparently, scarf technology was lost in the future. Frostbite Planet isn't a bad name, though.

Also, that girl would have a lot more success moving those rocks if she took the time to get in a good position, rather than trying to scrape it along Grandpa's thigh.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
So yeah, why would they launch their pod directly towards a storm. Suicide mission perhaps? And one thing that's bugged me about this series is couldn't they have picked a better planet to colonize? Like why did they pick the single biome ice ball planet? Couldn't they have picked the single biome tropical paradise planet?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
canadamus_prime said:
So yeah, why would they launch their pod directly towards a storm. Suicide mission perhaps? And one thing that's bugged me about this series is couldn't they have picked a better planet to colonize? Like why did they pick the single biome ice ball planet? Couldn't they have picked the single biome tropical paradise planet?
Remember when they did the second game? There some jungles there, but everybody seems to want to hunt akrid in the tundra.

This was actually not a bad opening sequence if you ignore that massive flaw in logic in where they launched the shuttle.
Yes yes, jungles popping up out of nowhere for some unexplained reason (which in and of itself defied all believe-ability). Still IIRC EDN3 was initially introduced as a single biome ice ball planet.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
"Lost" planet? Boy, getting control of both Star Trek and Star Wars must have really inflated J.J. Abrams' ego.
Most people just get a theme park. He gets a theme planet.

also, anyone else get the feeling that the aim was a prank by flight control?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Even Hoth had more tolerable weather than the ne from Lost Planet. Does every sci-fi universe have to have 1 planet covered in ice and snow ever since Hoth?
Roganzar said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he looked like Nick Cage.
Looks like Nick Cage, sounds like Batman. Love it.
Zachary Amaranth said:
DVS BSTrD said:
"Lost" planet? Boy, getting control of both Star Trek and Star Wars must have really inflated J.J. Abrams' ego.
Most people just get a theme park. He gets a theme planet.

also, anyone else get the feeling that the aim was a prank by flight control?
Looking cool is no excuse in the real world for space launches going THAT wrong. Here on Earth, we don't launch probes to Mars unless the weather ON MARS is just right. I think that's how we lost probes we sent to Venus and Jupiter.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Holy crap, he DOES look like Nic Cage a LOT!
Think he'll sue like we saw recently with The Last of Us?

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Darth_Payn said:
Roganzar said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he looked like Nick Cage.
Looks like Nick Cage, sounds like Batman. Love it.
Sooo, Big Daddy then?

Also- did we really sent probes ON Venus and Jupiter?
I fairly sure our current tech/materials couldn't handle the environment of these planets even during "best" weather.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Yeah... So if he's 45 and his granddaughter's 20-something, then that has some disturbing implications. As a matter of fact, if that was the case, the Conservative Right would invest all its might in boycotting that game, if they weren't already boycotting all games out of a general principle.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Silly intro, I always love when you guys make fun of Lost Planet*, they're simply gold :D

And yes, that girls DOES look like Kerrigan and that grizzled-beardy DOES look like Nic Cage! xD

[small]*Or Resident Evil... or the Atelier series... or Devil May Cry... or pretty much anything from Capcom or a JRPG.[/small]

Vitagen

Apr 25, 2010
Darth_Payn said:
Even Hoth had more tolerable weather than the ne from Lost Planet. Does every sci-fi universe have to have 1 planet covered in ice and snow ever since Hoth?
I don't know about snow, but "hellacious ice-ball" is a pretty common theme for actual planets.