Unskippable: Magna Carta 2

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
I must say I really like the girl at the end. She actually knows that the protagonist is a clueless git, and she treats him accordingly.

MaraJade03

Jan 14, 2010
Yay more Asian RPGs! Too bad none of the Wild Arms games have a Voice acting opening, love to see it on here.

Not G. Ivingname said:
Nice one, but can you please hold back on the J/KRPG's for a bit? I know it is easy Riffability, but can't you please do something else for a while? It has felt like a JRPG every other week for a while now. How about some bad FPS's cutscenes? Or how about the Zelda CD-i games (you know you have to do those eventially).
you do realize that Zelda is a JRPG right?

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
MaraJade03 said:
Not really. It is japanese, but it is only an RPG under the barest of criteria. If zelda is an RPG than almost every action game is an RPG (God of war, prince of persia, ninja Giden, devil may cry, ext), and at that point the distinction becomes pointless.

As for the actual video: I am so confused. Unless their is a bunch of stuff that you cut out of that one I would be so lost if I played that game. Who are those people and what do they have to do with anything.

And I am kind of surprised you didn't make the comment that despite being based in a fictional land with fictional people the game is named after a very real document that was the preciser of constitutional government, how does that make sense. Damn those Japanese and just using whatever English words that they think sound good.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
MaraJade03 said:
Yay more Asian RPGs! Too bad none of the Wild Arms games have a Voice acting opening, love to see it on here.

Not G. Ivingname said:
Nice one, but can you please hold back on the J/KRPG's for a bit? I know it is easy Riffability, but can't you please do something else for a while? It has felt like a JRPG every other week for a while now. How about some bad FPS's cutscenes? Or how about the Zelda CD-i games (you know you have to do those eventially).
Considering the Zelda CD-I games were made by Phillips (a Dutch company) and were pretty much platformers, no I didn't realise that, as that realisation would have been incorrect.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Wow, that are some strange names. Well, except for Alex of course. But hey, sometimes the best writers get fed up with making up names.

greeno

Aug 17, 2008
all praise aside, am i the only one who noticed that the characters all suffered from a severe case of shrunken head?? bloody ridiculous is what it is

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
Judo died, and the game continued with a more interesting protagonist...

BALTHIER!! Because Balthier is superior to ALL protagonists! Yay!

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
I am desperately hoping for a major plot twist where the main character was crippled from the fall and the game is about filing a lawsuit and getting that girl arrested. It will probably end with the main character sitting in his wheelchair, watching her get executed with his one good eye and then killing himself to stop his pointless existence.
Now THAT'S a game that I would play.

sessions

Dec 25, 2008
what is with all the german in the game?
Schuhenzeit? Time for shoes?
Lanzheim? Lanz home?
Did they have some german designer?

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
What the hell kind of an introduction was that!?

Great episode, I especially liked the "Count Alex" bit.

Why is this game called Magna Carta, anyway?

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
ARKSgtAlpha said:
so they hired all the voice actors from the bleach english dubs? zaraki, ichigo, yoruichi?
Don't forget Rukia. In this game, Rukia = Rz...Rzep.... uh, Zephie, okay?

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
ARKSgtAlpha said:
so they hired all the voice actors from the bleach english dubs? zaraki, ichigo, yoruichi?
Actually, those people just happen to be THE people for dubbing. They're everywhere these days.

Surprisingly, this actual did a few things right compared to some of the older unskippable features

Unlike Zoids, It's history lesson had a war going on as the visuals... much more interesting.
Unlike so many narrated by the protagonist openings, they let the deep voiced guy do all the talking for interesting parts.
Unlike Eternal Sonata, the deep voiced narration was not a tourist advertisement for the setting.

That being said, is it too much to ask for to get a JRPG where you play as that clearily evil guy as he goes about his hostile takeover of the world (it would include choosing who you want to fight, destroying their village, attacking them with your second in command, getting your clearly insane scientist to devise a potentially apocalyptic device, completely crushing the now four memember party just to show off your strength, builting a giant floating fortress, developing a second form, and having a climatic battle on about 10 square feet of floor, flying in front of a somewhat colorful, yet deadly, backgound).