Unskippable: Magna Carta 2

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
canadamus_prime said:
"KAME-HAME-HOTPOCKET!!"
Genius guys, pure genius!
Now can someone explain what that idyllic island stuff with the amnesiac had to do with all that civil war nonsense at the beginning?
My guess? He's the gauntlet-backhanding ninja guy. We'll find out during the game what evil he's done, and start to feel bad/pity/nothing for him because of it. We'll learn from this period of memory-free bliss, and become a good guy for justice, and fight for the lady he killed... or her cause, or something.

Just guessing. :)

(He was on a boat! Look at him!)

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Blue-State said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
A Korean RPG? Nice change of pace.

That's right. This is a KRPG.
KOREAN? I wondered why it was so easy to understand.
Oh wait, no it wasn't!
Actually, I understood everything. You should pay closer attention.

Now, Resonance of Fate...I can't tell WTF happened in that. And I watched it 5 times.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Firia said:
canadamus_prime said:
"KAME-HAME-HOTPOCKET!!"
Genius guys, pure genius!
Now can someone explain what that idyllic island stuff with the amnesiac had to do with all that civil war nonsense at the beginning?
My guess? He's the gauntlet-backhanding ninja guy. We'll find out during the game what evil he's done, and start to feel bad/pity/nothing for him because of it. We'll learn from this period of memory-free bliss, and become a good guy for justice, and fight for the lady he killed... or her cause, or something.

Just guessing. :)

(He was on a boat! Look at him!)
Still seems like a rather unfunny episode of Monty Python (the cutscene I mean). Ok so we have extravagant civil war... And now for something completely different.

Jun 11, 2008
Scrumpmonkey said:
Man you guys sure do a lot of JRPGs. Maybe it's becuase their design/ Stories/ pretense/ pomp is so easy to take the piss out of?

(edit; Indeed KRPG would be more fitting!)
Or it could be more to do with the fact that people on this website would get more of a laugh out of it as it seems there are more haters of JRPGs here than likers. Just throwing that out there.

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
I'm surprised you guys didn't continue past the boat part. The fact that neither the girl nor the boy seem to care about him nearly dying after a small argument definitely seems worthy of being poked fun at.

Still, this is definitely one of the top 15 Unskippables.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Not G. Ivingname said:
Nice one, but can you please hold back on the J/KRPG's for a bit? I know it is easy Riffability, but can't you please do something else for a while? It has felt like a JRPG every other week for a while now. How about some bad FPS's cutscenes? Or how about the Zelda CD-i games (you know you have to do those eventially).
JRPGs are really only about >25% of what we do. See?

Magna Carta 2
Zoids Assault
Resonance of Fate
Dante's Inferno
Battlefield: Bad Company
Final Fantasy III
Vampire Rain
Stormrise
Folklore
Bayonetta
Bullet Witch
Assassin's Creed 2
Darksiders
Sonic Unleashed
The Saboteur
The Last Remnant, Part 2
The Last Remnant
Halo Wars
Dragon Age: Origins

As for FPS games... it's tough, because unless they're the kind that has a long unplayable sequence at the beginning (like Bad Company, or The Darkness) they usually just go right into the game, with nothing for us to work with.

LesIsMore

Jul 22, 2008
Is it me or was the hero's voice the same as Capell from Infinite Undiscovery? I make the connection if only that they are tied for most ineffectual lead ever - well, them and Jack Russell from Radiata Stories. And Yuki from Grandia III. And Welkin from Valkyria Chronicles.

Does Japan have a ban on useful protagonists?

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
Last weed: Boring, ultra realistic politics in a pseudo fantasy setting!

This week: More entertaining, less ultra realistic politics in a complete fantasty setting!

The similarities? BOTH THE GAMES ARE TERRIBLE!

Solusumbra

Apr 23, 2010
LesIsMore said:
Does Japan have a ban on useful protagonists?
yes. yes i believe they do.

as for the game...well, the first one was crap, why should the second be any different?

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
I like how that girl (whose head looks too small for her body) could potentially commit murder, and no one seems to care...

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
LesIsMore said:
Is it me or was the hero's voice the same as Capell from Infinite Undiscovery?
I don't think so - it is, however, the same voice actor who played Rush in The Last Remnant. You can't judge a voice actor based on the opening cut-scene though - the guy does a lot of work in anime (if I recall) - he can't be half-bad if he gets a lot of work.

dashiz94 said:
The similarities? BOTH THE GAMES ARE TERRIBLE!
Magna Carta 2 isn't a bad game, nor is Resonance of Fate (I think that was last weeks game - if not ignore that part). They might not appeal to you, but to fans of their respective genres they are good games.

Solusumbra said:
well, the first one was crap, why should the second be any different?
Because they improved everything - the games are alike only in name really.

Dmatix

Feb 3, 2009
Maybe the weird forehead girl was Pope Innocent III, or the barons.
wait, that makes even less sense...

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
What did any of that have to do with the English sovreign document of 1215? Or that it has a sequel, for that matter

Funny, though

FeralDynasty

The Lich King
Feb 2, 2010
How did the two dudes at the end know he kid was in the boat? the lady with stupid shoes didn't even know until she looked inside and he barely sat up....

FeralDynasty

The Lich King
Feb 2, 2010
also, it was very convinient how they had Team Colors turned on, thee bad guys were red and the good guys were blue, is this an RTS???

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
GrahamS said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Nice one, but can you please hold back on the J/KRPG's for a bit? I know it is easy Riffability, but can't you please do something else for a while? It has felt like a JRPG every other week for a while now. How about some bad FPS's cutscenes? Or how about the Zelda CD-i games (you know you have to do those eventially).
JRPGs are really only about >25% of what we do. See?

Magna Carta 2
Zoids Assault
Resonance of Fate
Dante's Inferno
Battlefield: Bad Company
Final Fantasy III
Vampire Rain
Stormrise
Folklore
Bayonetta
Bullet Witch
Assassin's Creed 2
Darksiders
Sonic Unleashed
The Saboteur
The Last Remnant, Part 2
The Last Remnant
Halo Wars
Dragon Age: Origins

As for FPS games... it's tough, because unless they're the kind that has a long unplayable sequence at the beginning (like Bad Company, or The Darkness) they usually just go right into the game, with nothing for us to work with.
True... but you guys have done 3 JRPG's in only 6 weeks, and for a show that comes out only once a week, it seams like it been doing a bunch of JRPG's for a while. I am not saying stop doing them, you just might want to consider putting a bit more space between them. Though I am sorry for confusing you with saying FPS, I meant that as an example of another genre for you guys to work your riffing magic on instead of JRPG's for a bit. Sorry for wasting your time for my idiocy.