Unskippable: Magna Carta 2

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
Awesome job, yet again Grahm and Paul. The "This is how I would cook my microwave dinners if I had this power." joke really made me fall out of my chair clutching my side.

Khamehamehotpocket!!!

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Not G. Ivingname said:
True... but you guys have done 3 JRPG's in only 6 weeks, and for a show that comes out only once a week, it seams like it been doing a bunch of JRPG's for a while. I am not saying stop doing them, you just might want to consider putting a bit more space between them. Though I am sorry for confusing you with saying FPS, I meant that as an example of another genre for you guys to work your riffing magic on instead of JRPG's for a bit. Sorry for wasting your time for my idiocy.
I know what you're saying, but there's only so much we can do.
In fact, we do think about it. We had FFIII, Magna Carta 2 and Resonance of Fate ready to go at the same for time, but made sure we could find other games to break them up.

Claymorbmaster

Jan 30, 2008
Hehe, I thought I heard right...

Grandia III and Magna Carta 2...main character is Johnny Young Bosch and the female "mother figure" is voiced by Michelle Ruff.

Hilarious.

Yuki? Miranda?

GoWithDAFro

Feb 18, 2010
Firia said:
Heheh! This is a good one. :)

Was it just me, or did the Main Character sort of seem like what's-his-name from Kingdom Hearts 1? On an island, just being a lazy dude, on a boat (everyone look at him)... and was amnesia a part of it? I forget. Either that or I'm thinking KH2.

Anyway, that had to be an EPIC boat crash! Just imagining it was a hoot.
You aren't the only one. I had seriuos kh1 falshbacks the whole second part of the vid, and wast waiting for a reference that whole time. But that was the only thing was dissappointed me. This Unskippable was awesome. loved the hotpocket joke

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Why do I have the feeling 15 and 18 year old versions of that character will look exactly the same?

Excellent work guys.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
GrahamS said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
True... but you guys have done 3 JRPG's in only 6 weeks, and for a show that comes out only once a week, it seams like it been doing a bunch of JRPG's for a while. I am not saying stop doing them, you just might want to consider putting a bit more space between them. Though I am sorry for confusing you with saying FPS, I meant that as an example of another genre for you guys to work your riffing magic on instead of JRPG's for a bit. Sorry for wasting your time for my idiocy.
I know what you're saying, but there's only so much we can do.
In fact, we do think about it. We had FFIII, Magna Carta 2 and Resonance of Fate ready to go at the same for time, but made sure we could find other games to break them up.
Oh, I see. I always thought that you guys put this together each week like how Yahtzee does it. I didn't think you guys had to plan it out longer then that. Sorry for my misunderstanding, now that I think about it I can't even imagen how hard it must it be for you guys to get everything (E.N.N., Unskippable, Loading ready, etc.) all out on time.

Blackout62

Dec 24, 2008
Wow, I'm surprised you went this whole cutscene without once talking about a certain historical medieval document that revolutionized the concept of government.

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
"Hey, Juto fell!"

"Is he alive?"

"Do we care?"

"I... well... kind of, I think he's the main character."

This made me laugh. Well done, guys. A much better choice of opening, compared to last week.

So the princess was stabbed through the stomach by an androgynous... thing... exploded in a pillar of light, and is now maybe sort of dead perhaps. And is also 18. You know, if she's alive and all.

Yeah, ok, I really don't get what's going on, but at least there was actual animation in this cutscene.

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
Doesn't look like a bad game to play. The story line feels different and varied, though it seems the character emotions are kinda flat. It may improve overtime, however. In any case, great commentary ^~^!

Aug 25, 2009
I got all the way through the review with only my usual chuckles and grins for the humour.

Then it happened.

'Either your island has a very high watermark or you spectacularly crashed your boat.'

I laughed so loud I just had to apologise to the house mate who I woke up.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
So what was the deal with the civil war backstory BS? Not like it told us anything about the characters we'll actually be PLAYING as...

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
A Korean RPG? Nice change of pace.

That's right. This is a KRPG.
Well there is J-pop and K-pop, so I guess that makes sense. Though I can't really see the difference and I play a lot of JRPGs.