Unskippable: Magna Carta 2

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
As funny as this video was, I can't get over how horrible the character models look.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
"...and for all of you keeping track of her age - shame on you."

Good episode.

And how low cut are the shorts that girl is wearing who lets the boat down... o_O

SpecklePattern

May 5, 2010
Yes. "Juto (or whatnot) fell" I bet there was tons of people down there having some market day and suddenly that boat falls from the sky... not a pretty sight. With that crazy design marked square would obviously be placed under the rope things that lift stuff.

SpecklePattern

May 5, 2010
Xorghul said:
Something is very unsettling about the woman in the end of the video...
That was actually bothering me too. Very small head and looks so... doll-like? And she has to shave more than legs to use that skirt. That must be the "unsettling" you were thinking. :p

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
Rzephillda? Lahnzeim? Schuenzeit? Ibrin?

You could replace all their names with the names of OTC drugs, and it'll be the same.

"Prilosec, the eternal watcher of the five and ruler of Aspirin, has declared war upon the nation of Nyquill."

cj_iwakura

Mar 2, 2009
Looks just as needlessly melodramatic as Magna Carta 1. The technical prowess of that team is wasted on Magna Carta.

There's 60 hours of pain I'll never get back.

Also, those models pretty accurately reflect Hyung-Tae Kim's art. His characters' outfits are anything but practical.

Apr 29, 2010
Now what really confused me was the name of the game. Magna Carta 2. I know it says Magna Carta, but what the hell does it have to do with the actual Magna Carta? Nothing, I tell you! NOTHING!

HillDragon

Apr 16, 2009
That girl that dropped the boat looks a lot like the girl from 'The Imaginarium of Dr. Pernassus'... which is hot.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
My mother use to work in a graphics department in a company called Magna, COINCIDENCE?! ...actually, yes, I suppose so.

Tayrtahn

Feb 24, 2008
Ah, see it's very clever: cut him some slack. You know, like... slack. Get it? It's pretty clever.

On a side note, the events of the first half of this cutscene seem like they'd be fun to play through. Oh well.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I know I keep saying this but most of these cutscenes SUCK! So much so that not even the witty commentary can save most of them. It's just torture!

Here's the thing, I saw a few episodes of Unskippable and decided to be a fan. When I decided that I felt the need to watch all the episodes to see if there are any good ones. And from what I've seen, the only ones I like are the ones of games I've seen/played or ones that are so hilariously bad that I enjoy watching people rip them apparent. But unlike movies where there's a vast majority of good and "so bad it's good" movies to tip on, video games seem to 20 "so bad it's HORRIBLE" cutscenes for every good or "so bad it's good" cutscene.

Also, I'm noticing a trend with some of these games. Most of these cutscenes either talk place in the future or in the past and they keep saying "# years/months later" or "# years/months earlier". What's up with that?

ratman995

Nov 30, 2009
Trying to ignore the fact this is fake England with one side wearing a bit too much red and white to be a accident

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
KRPG has all the bad things a JRPG has. Only now they're even sadder because you know they're ripped off.

Shame on you Korea. Blizzard Enterainment practically owns you and this is how you show your appreciation? Why not a WoW clone? Or at least an item-hunting game mechcanic.