Unskippable: Metal Gear Solid 4: Part 2

snuffler

Jun 4, 2008
Technically, liquids evaporate into vapo(u)r and then once they go beyond the critical temperature they become a gas. :p

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
This one was kinda dry, but still had good moments. Was good that the helicopter brought color, even if it leaned to brown...

Dragoniangirl

May 4, 2009
I agree this one wasn't as funny as others but I blame the cut seen for that. It was just so much talking. >.<

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Wow, now I know what Yahtzee was on about with his MGS4 review... although a lot of dialogue means a lot of jokes! To many to choose from and quote in this post!

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
We get lots of jokes with lots of dialogue, and lots of jokes without. They're just different jokes.

Also, the "Press X for Trippy Flashback" option... we decided not to go with that so it was more like someone just straight watching it, and also because Snake's silent pauses are funnier.

And yes, we are jumping around from scene to scene, sorry if we miss your favourite.
We want to end up with a little bit of forward progression over 5 weeks, and if we just take them all in order, we never will.

BWIceSoldier

Nov 25, 2008
I'm going to assume you know about the nostalgia quick time events. You seem to make a joke during their passing. I guess it would disrupt the flow of the commentary if you added those.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Why did I have to watch an ad for Unskipple Metal Gear August right before watching this episode of Unskippable Metal Gear August? :p

Dragoniangirl

May 4, 2009
DaxStrife said:
Why did I have to watch an ad for Unskipple Metal Gear August right before watching this episode of Unskippable Metal Gear August? :p
To remind you what you were watching in case you forgot?

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
That crappy scene really didn't give you guys much to work with, but you did a good job regardless. Hopefully the next long, boring scene of that long, boring game will be better.

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
DaxStrife said:
I don't know, maybe they think you're that Memento guy? :p

SomeUnregPunk

Jan 15, 2009
I didn't know that the "x" and "L1" buttons did that! If it wasn't for all the darn cut scenes slowing down the game, I'd probably play it over again just to see what I missed.... but then again I never finished the game since I feel asleep trying to.

Emperorpeng

Jun 29, 2009
Does anyone else find that these cutscenes make little to no sense?

Good job despite the limitations of the original.