Unskippable: Metal Gear Solid 4: Part 4

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
swaki said:
Fat Man Spoon said:
swaki said:
great one, loved the diarrhea guy, seemed like some one just messed around whit hirokoshimas (?) script, hes so out of place.
It's a running joke in the series. His name is Johnny.
does he always have diarrhea?.
He's the guy that always has stomach issues. He's a genome soldier from MGS1. Every game you see a guy with stomach problems (irritable bowl, was it? I forget), save for MGS3, it's Johnny. Usually Snake kicks the sh*t out of him. :) This is the only time really that they've been on the same side. :)

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
"I'm black!"
"I was aware."
"I'm huge!"
"I was aware of that too."
haha, so great. I love this show. Can't wait for the finale on the 31st.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Only one more left. This one is my favorite of the MGS3 Unskippable episodes even with all the faffing about. I'm looking forward to the finale.

ender_dio

May 14, 2009
"Hideo Kojimas really scared that letting you play is gonna mess up his movie"

Best line In the series.

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
great one, loved the diarrhea guy, seemed like some one just messed around whit hirokoshimas (?) script, hes so out of place.
He or his ancestor has been in all three previous MGS games. You know the idiotic guard who gets knocked out by the hero? Yep. And the runs are actually a plot point in MGS4. No, seriously.

I loved the hair gel thing, yet another example of how Kojima is way too in love with his own creation; not to mention all the effin' cutscenes.
You know the series mocks itself heartily, right? MGS3 had an extended joke about Snake's love for cardboard boxes, and Volgin can tell Snake's not who his disguise looks like by grabbing his crotch. The mask is a reference to her first appearance, where she wore the same type of mask.

There's a guy with diarrhea in this game for a joke?

Why would anyone concider this good story telling? I really don't get it.
Hideo Kojima doesn't even take his own series entirely seriously. They had an extended joke about Snake's strange love for cardboard boxes.

Jeez, over 8 hours of cutscenes like this one? I was going to play MGS4, but I got to say, Unskippable really killed that idea. And I'm kind of glad. Good video as always.
The cutscenes, I'm told, are all skippable. You can just look up the relevant plot items on Wikipedia. I, of course, being a huge nerd, just waited a few days and did exactly that.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
This was hilarious, especially the sign language scene and Paul's comment leading to WTF
I know Graham already kinda answered this to me, but what kind of criteria do Graham and Paul go through to choose their material.

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
There's a guy with diarrhea in this game for a joke?

Why would anyone concider this good story telling? I really don't get it.
It actually becomes a major plot point later on. I could explain it, but it would take forever.

Just laugh at it in the video, don't question it ;)

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
miquelfire said:
Wow, boring one. The jokes didn't help enough to prevent boredom on that scene.
I thought this was better then the last, but still... whenever they said that they were doing MGS4 all month, I was pretty sure that I would lose interest around the third or forth one, and I was right... Now I'm just waiting for them to do different games...

LimeJester

Mar 16, 2009
Great video. A nominee for best line of MG:August has to be the one about the pocket contest.

I was hoping that there would be more variety of cut scenes, stuff further into the game but I can understand why not. For the city/trench coat level later on, even though there is a lot of material there that they could do a video on, it would be spoiler city and anyone who hadn't played the game may not be initiated enough to enjoy it.

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
It's always nice to see Mr. Johnny "Comic Relief"...uh...I can't remember his last name, in action.

But how many other cutscenes were there between the last one and this one that you didn't find interesting?

charismatic_farva

Aug 18, 2009
Aahh, Paul and Graham, you guys keep making amazingness like this, and Ill keep thinking your awesome. Ya, thats pretty much how that works.

bawkbawkboo1

Nov 20, 2008
"I started smoking to make me look older. It worked"

This is the best video in the MGS August series so far! Not as funny as some of your other videos [Onimusha 3 is my favorite].