Unskippable: Metal Gear Solid 4: Part 5

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
So, having never played any Metal Gear games in my entire life, and knowing nothing of the story beforehand (except that Snake ages really fast... for... some reason... yeah, that's all I know, really), I understand absolutely NOTHING from these cutscenes :p

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
Another good one, liked last weeks better, looking forward to moving onto new games.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
And...we go back to the arm puns.

Great episode, though. And a new game would be a great breath of fresh air.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I felt something I haven't felt- Oh, it's just you.
EDIT: Loved it but I'll miss it. It will be refreshing to get some new game scenes.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
It will be very refreshing to see something very different next week. Very, very refreshing. Thank you G&P for your effort on this, made for some very funny moments. And now I know not to buy this for the game, but for the movie.

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
Thank the Gods this BS is over.... you could really tell that Grahm and Paul didnt want to do this game... the material has been subb par all month. Can't wait till next week.

Librarian Mike

May 16, 2008
"Please God, let it be a different game." I couldn't have said it better myself.

Great video guys, seriously. I am just DONE with that one however.

Chishandfips

Ecstatic Sausage Consumer
Aug 20, 2008
swaki said:
great one, i was shocked that all you have showed us was nothing more than 1/15 (if that was one third of act one out of 5 it must have been 1/15 YAY simple math)
Personally, I think they're overestimating how much they've shown us. If I remember correctly, the ending (or everything after you stop pressing buttons) consists of:

1. Confirmation that the world isn't royally screwed
2. Meryl's ending (part 1)
3. Raiden's ending
4. Snake's ending (part 1)
5. Meryl's ending (part 2)
6. Credits (part 1)
7. Snake's ending and general plot explanation (part 2)
8. Credits (part 2)
9. After-credits conversation
10. Results screen

This all adds up to at least an hour (I've heard it's closer to 90 minutes). Just think about that. And don't finish the game unless you've got a while to spare!

It doesn't stop me loving the series though!

EDIT: I timed it, it's 75 minutes.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Eruanno said:
So, having never played any Metal Gear games in my entire life, and knowing nothing of the story beforehand (except that Snake ages really fast... for... some reason... yeah, that's all I know, really), I understand absolutely NOTHING from these cutscenes :p
Refer to the below post for a quick summary of the story:
Rigs83 said:
Because MGS4 makes you while COD games let you. It may be more accurate and realistic but this is a game where the main character is a clone of a former villain who use to be a hero and the main villain is a seventy year old man who becomes possessed by the arm of another man who died and is the clone of same man who is the hero while another clone became president of the USA and plots to take over the world but his son gets in the way when he is not slipping on bird crap or fighting the le la lu la le and explaining the plot to any of the Metal Gear Solid games after the first one just gives me a headache.

WolfmanNougat

May 14, 2009
That "Brothers in Arms" Gag was actually kind of funny! Yeah, act one of five... I just watched the whole game on Youtube, saved myself the few hundred it woulda cost me to get the PS3 alone!

Conan_Edogawa

Apr 14, 2009
this whole "Metal Gear August" series was hilarious, and i do love MGS, but even i'm glad it's finally over and we'll be getting to a new game next week. can't wait to see what it is.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
"They are brothers in arms." "I would hit you, but that's pretty accurate."

"Naomi, I told Otacon a funny joke about your name three days ago. Still got it."

Absolutely amazing, this is why I keep coming back for this show.
Rigs83 said:
P.S.
You still are hitting three button because holding L1 sends you into aim mode but you have to wiggle the stick, also known as L3 (or was it R3 I haven't played it for a while) to actually aim and then R1 to fire. It's not difficult but feels too much like Resident Evil to me.
Yeah, but lets be real here. How many games out there have you press a button to aim closely and another button to fire...oh wait, damn near every FPS/TPS...

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
HEY EVERYONE:
You gonna be at PAX? Cause we are!
We have a panel too. The "LoadingReadyRun Panel" on Sunday, at Noon.

Come say hi!

Neo Kojiro

Mar 19, 2008
I'm not going, so if i say 'hi' here and now, will that count?

Also: Please, God, let it be another game.

Enosh_

Aug 27, 2008
Rigs83 said:
Honestly why does Kojima bother making the games when he just wants to direct movies. Just call it a movie and not ruin it with actual gameplay.
beacose if this would be a movie it would get slamed so hard by critics Kojimas grandchildren would feel the shame

honestly "break free of your faith... fulfill your destiny", it's only in the gaming industry where you can actualy get away with stuff like that