Unskippable: Metal Gear Solid 4: Part 5

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Metal Gear Solid 4: Part 5

The final installment of Metal Gear August introduces a device of literary proportions.

Watch Video

creatiwe

Aug 11, 2009
hideo kojima really did not want you to ruin his movie by playing the game. i mean seriously

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
"Pretty soon someones going to realise the punch was non alcoholic and they'll all be really embarrased..."

Nice.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
And so ends a chapter in Unskipable's history. We bid farewell to the Solid Snake movie and move on to actual cutscenes.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Hideo Kojima: Master of Boring-Ass Cutscenes That Choke Up More Than Half The Game.

PLEASE let next week be a different game.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Honestly why does Kojima bother making the games when he just wants to direct movies. Just call it a movie and not ruin it with actual gameplay. [HEADING=1]Plus you have to hit three buttons to fire your gun![/HEADING]

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
spoiler warning : snake gets up and then other stuff happens.

great one, i was shocked that all you have showed us was nothing more than 1/15 (if that was one third of act one out of 5 it must have been 1/15 YAY simple math) but it made for a great month, maybe you could dedicate 2010 to show us all the cut scenes?

but then again if you wish to keep the job you probably shouldn't

Deathkingo

Aug 10, 2009
i still think that the best part in the game is the loading screens between acts. for those of you who DON'T know, it's just Snake...smoking. And it has fancy hints about what you should do with your time, "maybe you should go outside", but if you wait long enough, it just start spewing out random facts about smoking. I'm not sure if what Hideo did there was incredibly dull, or genius...

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
Yeah, you guys were definitely running out of material for this part. Not that I could blame you; you've made a lot of jokes for cutscenes where almost nothing actually happens.

It was a great run, good job. On to the next game!

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Deathkingo said:
i still think that the best part in the game is the loading screens between acts. for those of you who DON'T know, it's just Snake...smoking. And it has fancy hints about what you should do with your time, "maybe you should go outside", but if you wait long enough, it just start spewing out random facts about smoking. I'm not sure if what Hideo did there was incredibly dull, or genius...
Genius, definitely...

They'll probably make a special edition of it sometime like MGS3 Subsistence which actually incorporates the game in movie form...

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
This was the best of the four Unskippable episodes about Metal Gear Solid 4 this month. "He just got a leg cramp; and he just got an asthma attack..."