Unskippable: Metal Wolf Chaos - Mecha Commander-In-Chief

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Waiting for the video to load I see these two statements:

"I honestly can't think of a better game to end on.
[...]
Can't wait for next week's Unskippable? Check out the LRR crew's other weekly series, LoadingReadyRun and Feed Dump!."

So yeah, this is definitely a top 5 game for this series, so a worthy end.

I am very sad to see yet another series go down on this site. Been here since the start of the current wave of goodness that has ended (early 2007 I thing) these past months.

But uh, yeah, you guys are very funny and I will really miss this as I still miss the LRR sketches that also used to launch here on mondays. :'(

Thanks LRR crew!!!!!!

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
dragongit said:
God damn it! not another show on escapist... we've lost like 3 segments in the last month. If Yatzee pulls the plug on his show I might just stop coming around here.
That... is probably the exact same sentiment 99% of the people *still here* have. Very sad, been here every day for 8 years.
Forums used to be bustling and great fun too. Now I haven't done anything there really for years.
Same goes for the news section; now it's days old rehashes of stuff I've already read elsewhere.

Really bummed out!!!! :'(
Zero Punctuation actually helped me through an official major depression back in 2008.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
And then there was Yahtzee :/ If he leaves too then that eliminates everything I come here for on a regular basis.

Good luck guys. Unskippable will be sorely missed.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Thought some folks would want to see, be reminded, of this. The Film Festival entry that started it all.

[video=394 autoplay=0]

Kenjitsuka said:
I'll take care of that. Thanks for pointing it out.

vagabondwillsmile

Aug 20, 2013
Oh man, I'm sad to see this series end. I hope the decision was on LLR's terms. I'll still be following you guys! If you make an LLR "Cancel my appointments, I have to go save America" T-shirt, I will buy it. The other layer to it is that you guys are Canadian. :D

Chris Bednar

Nov 12, 2010
And with this my reason for even coming to the Escapist is over. Ill be over at loadingreadyrun.com if anyone needs me.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
So the only bad enough dude to save the President is himself. With a Mech-suit.
Another show bites the dust. Thanks for the 5 years of laughs, guys. A bummer to see you guys go to.
nyysjan said:
dragongit said:
God damn it! not another show on escapist... we've lost like 3 segments in the last month. If Yatzee pulls the plug on his show I might just stop coming around here.
Jimquisition, Zeo Punctuation and Unskippable, those are the shows that made me come to the Escapist.
Now only one remains :-/
Yes, it was Yahtzee who brought me to The Escapist, and now only Yahtzee remains. WHat ever happened to Lisa Foiles? I don't remember her getting an official send-off.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
I still haven't forgiven From Software for not releasing the game outside japan. This game is just so awesome and wonderfully cheesy XD

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
...Fuck.

End of an era.

Someone might want to start thinking about giving Croshaw a raise...

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
This game does seem to prove the "everything is better with mechs argument."

Over the top American propaganda and patriotism. Nheee....

Over the top American propaganda and patriotism...with giant American flag styled mechs! AWESOME!

Oh, and really sad to see you go guys. Me and my partner still like to regularly binge watch some of our favorite Unskippables such as Eternal Sonata, the Atelier games and Dirge of Cerberus among many, many others and its sad that you're not going to be making anymore. Thankyou though; you've given us many years of laughs. Will be following you over at Loading Ready Run instead.

Jan 12, 2012
gamegod25 said:
I still haven't forgiven From Software for not releasing the game outside japan. This game is just so awesome and wonderfully cheesy XD
I was so confused because there was English voices and writing, but all those Japanese subtitles... I guess it's like an American director deciding that his arty movie needs to be in French.

And I'll miss Unskippable, but the Twitch streams are fun (the Checkpoint one is going on right now) and Feed Dump will continue on LRR, so at least that's still accessible.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That is a perfect game to end a series on.

That game looks bananas and like a fevered dream.

This was a great series, and I will miss it. Thanks for all the laughs! :D

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
That is a perfect game to end a series on.

That game looks bananas and like a fevered dream.

This was a great series, and I will miss it. Thanks for all the laughs! :D
You should see it played. One of the LRR friends/associates, Ian, is playing it on their twitch channel. It's really funny.

We'll miss you, LRR.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
I was sad when I read the official announcement. Part of the reason why is that Unskippable I tend to watch in batches (as in skipping a few weeks and then splurging when I feel like it). I read it in one of my break weeks, and when they said it was because of declining viewership, I felt a little guilty (I know it wasn't my fault, but you know).

But when I saw the last episode was on Metal Wolf Chaos, I knew everything would be ok :D. Seriously, there is no better game to go out on for pretty much any occasion.

Shame to see Unskippable go, but good luck to the LRR crew. I'll sub very soon.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
It's a shame to see you guys go, but I wish you all the best of luck. (Salutes)

...You know, I really hope we get more content in soon, because the only things keeping me here is Zero Punctuation, Critical Miss, and the forums...