Unskippable: Metroid: Other M Part 1

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
I love how making samus talk somehow conveys less emotion.

And this game feels way to fanservicy, I know the blue suite she was wearing was from zero mission but in that it seemed to provide more, um, support. She looks like a latex fetish model.

Oh and about the "why Ridly thing" that actually makes sense, Ridly killed her parents and while motherbrain is the, well, brains of the space pirates, Ridly is their commander.

What doesn't make sense is how why she breaks down in tears latter in the game when she faces him despite the fact that by that point she has defeated him 6 times.

And I always thought it was "Zee-bis/bus"

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
They should have sought Linda Hamilton for sage like advice on how to do a kick ass opening monologue.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
This game was a prime example of how a game could be ruined by the story. The whole bit about not powering up a part of your suit unless you were given a permission transformed the strongest hottest chick in the universe into a whiny little ***** no one gave a damn about. I especially hated the part when Ridley first came back, and Samus was frozen in fear.

The only upside was that it wasn't an FPS, which I really did like as an improvement to the game. But in all honesty, they could have made a really great looking side scroller and the game would have been even better.... I guess I have to play Super Metroid now. Good job.

Wiseblood

Sep 26, 2011
Golan Trevize said:
It's not the actor that's the problem, in fact, she is one of the best and most used voices in the industry.
She's voiced by Jessica Martin. This is so far her only voice acting role. You're probably thinking of the Prime games where her grunts were recorded by Jennifer Hale.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
qwerty19411 said:

Text would have been a better option than that voice actor.
Holy shit... it actually sounds like a robot John Wayne when Goldman talks, HAHA.

Strife2GFAQs

Apr 13, 2009
You had one of the best female voice actors (Jennifer Hale) at your disposal, but you replace her with that? For shame, Nintendo. At least she could attempt to cover up your godawful writing.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Wow. This is NOT the Samus Aran I remember. Why did they make her voice so monotonous? WHY IN THE HELL?

(Whoa. Did I just reference last week's Feed Dump??)

I did like your bit with "we can see the inside of her gun"/"we can see the inside of her suit"/"Arguably a better selling point".

Anyway,... for some reason, now I feel like playing Asteroids...

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I am sad. I am very sad. Can't you tell how sad I am by the very sad voice I am doing? Sad.

I'm telling you though, if I ever impregnate a woman, I am NOT sticking around for the Fireball Trimester. That shit sounds nasty.
Before I get ninja'd

<youtube=BYwWKEc8c88>

OT: I'm probably one of the only people in the world who actually thought this game was decent... The story was chocked FULL of major execution errors, I'm willing to admit, but... it wasn't not worth playing...

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Yeah... in this one cutscene I suddenly get why everyone was so pissed about Other M.

Makes me wonder why there's a faction that actually likes it.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Damn, never played the game and the intro is painful enough for me to never want to play it.

Hell, I think Microsoft Sam(us?) could do a better job at delivering emotive lines.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
leviadragon99 said:
Yeah... in this one cutscene I suddenly get why everyone was so pissed about Other M.

Makes me wonder why there's a faction that actually likes it.
because Nintendo is GOD and everything they make is a wonder to behold.

What makes it worse is how confident Brawl Samus was. To go from her 4 lines or so to the "I'm sad about the baby" just hurt my soul...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
ActionDan said:
I always thought it was "Zee-bs" too (That may look wrong but it's the only the only way I can think of putting it.
I always pronounced it "Zee-bees". *shrug* In fact I still pronounce it that way, voice acting be damned.

Anyway, this is a sure sign that a franchise has gone on too long.