Unskippable: Metroid: Other M Part 1

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Huh? What? Where am I?

I'm sorry, but without the commentary from Unskippable, that scene would have really put me to sleep. Samus was so monotone. She sounded bored. And why would she give a report in her suit? I think the worst was her constant moaning and groaning about the baby. Seriously? Grow a pair, Samus! It was an alien tentacle monster, not your child.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
leviadragon99 said:
Yeah... in this one cutscene I suddenly get why everyone was so pissed about Other M.

Makes me wonder why there's a faction that actually likes it.
The gameplay is actually not that bad. Not that I'm defending the game, but if you take out the god awful story, characterization, script, ect. the core game play does hold up fairly well.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Having never played a Metroid game... did a baby really save your life in the fight against the brain queen thing in whatever game has you fighting it?

uncanny474

Jan 20, 2011
Draconalis said:
Having never played a Metroid game... did a baby really save your life in the fight against the brain queen thing in whatever game has you fighting it?
...Technically? It was the Metroid Hatchling, an "infant" metroid that some stupid scientests were performing experements on (a la Aliens), and then it escaped, and then space pirates.

At the end, it gives Samus the Hyper Beam, allowing her to defeat Mother Brain.

And I'm fairly certain it didn't die at the end of Super Metroid... Hooray retcons?

OT: That. Was. Terrible. I almost wept at how bad that was. Over use of babby, that boring, monotonous voice, the cutscene direction, the gratuitous fanservice... god, that was an atrocity. Saddam Hussain, Stalin, and Hitler put together weren't as bad as that cutscene...

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Distorted Stu said:
Unhappy Crow said:
Three reloads and I still can't watch the video.
Same! And same again for the LRR video. It just wont load at all.
And the same thing has happened on their LRR video for me as well. I can watch Jimquisitions on my laptop and computer, but not this nor LRR.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
i. awoke. to. the. familiar. voice. of. a. quarantine. officer...
...a. dream.
i. had. been... ugh... it reminds me of madonna on star stories... "happy. sad. confused. surprised..."

i always said "Zee-Bees".

May 5, 2010
Unhappy Crow said:
Distorted Stu said:
Unhappy Crow said:
And the same thing has happened on their LRR video for me as well. I can watch Jimquisitions on my laptop and computer, but not this nor LRR.
Quoted for relevance. I want my damn Unskippable, Escapist. Get on it.

And what the fuck is this shit??!!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I was beginning to wonder when they would do Other M, it deserves it.

My god that was terrible. The voice acting, it burned. I'm so glad I never played is. She needs to learn how to emote. The sadness. It's just bleeding slowly all over the place. Like molasses. I can't wait to hear her when she's angry. Angry I tell you.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
uncanny474 said:
And I'm fairly certain it didn't die at the end of Super Metroid... Hooray retcons?
I went and read up on the Metroid story so far, and watched a video of the old SNES fight this scenes flash backs too, and the Metroid DID die.

That being said... this entire story is garbage... how many times does a species need to be eradicated before it goes extinct? And you know what? The same can be said of all the villains.

Clones, androids, robots... all of the same guy, and all his little patsies.

I suppose in classic Nintendo fashion, they would rather rehash their villains than come up with new ones. They are almost as bad as Marvel.

I've never played a Metroid game, as mentioned before. But this is what I predict the next game will entail.

Ridley will be back from the dead again.

One of Samus' old suits will be infected, or inhabited or some other hair brained idea to make you fight another suit.

There will be a Metroid in it, even if it makes no sense.

This Ridley might even be the REAL Ridley whom you didn't really kill the first time you killed him.

The Ridley you kill in this newest game, will really be a Metroid.

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
This made me tired and a little depressed. I mean, I heard the tales of Other M, but....Z_zzzz

(Good voice overs, though!)

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I've been waiting for this one! Happy to hear there's another one coming, there has to be a lot to joke about in this game! Let's play maybe?

BSCCollateral

Jul 9, 2011
>Samus - I awoke to the familiar voice of a quarantine officer.

So ... all quarantine officers sound the same? She always gets the same quarantine officer, but never learned his name? What?

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I really feel like the odd one out about this game... Maybe because i haven't really played other games than the Prime Trilogy, and also because i stopped giving a shit about the story in the game after the first two cutscenes. It helped me sorta enjoy it.

And i really think it's weird. I know one should never assume to be alone about something on the internet, but i've never felt as alone as i do whenever a debate about this game shows up >_>

EDIT: Debate isn't really appropriate. "Whenever this game is being bashed on" would be more appropriate.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Unhappy Crow said:
Distorted Stu said:
Unhappy Crow said:
Quoted for relevance. I want my damn Unskippable, Escapist. Get on it.

And what the fuck is this shit??!!
I haven't been able to watch any videos except for Zero Puncuation. They just won't load for me.

non_entity

Jan 26, 2008
Oh god I'm starting to get why people hate other M.

Samus is a woman so of course she has to love the BABY BABY BABY... jesus, how many goddamn times did they have her say that? The baby, the baby, the baby, the baby.. IT WAS A GODDAMN METROID FFS!

Samus is a great character, she might even harbor motherly feelings somewhere for all we know but for god's sake, don't act like she actually loved that metroid or whatever. It imprinted on her, it saved her live, which is cool and all, but ... no, just no...

That annoying inner monologue, and her annoyingly monotone voice... haven't gotten this angry at a game (misrepresenting a character) this fast in a long time.