Unskippable: Monster Hunter Tri

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Monster Hunter Tri

A cinematic that really makes a year of grinding look more appealing. But not by much.

Watch Video

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I said it the first time I played this game that it would be great to see it as an Unskippable. Finally it came, and I wasn't disappointed. Great job, loved the "It's a thong, deal with it" joke.

hawk533

Dec 17, 2009
I really wish that there was a part 2 to this. It was just so ridiculous and the comments so hilarious that I want more.

The intro sequence would have had me scared to death to leave my house, but only if my house was a bomb-proof bunker with 2 foot concrete walls. Otherwise it wouldn't matter if I was in my house or not, I would still be screwed.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Always surprising to see the weirdness that happens to the site when a new video is up but somehow hasn't made it to the main page yet.

But, yeah, that was a pretty good one there.

I especially liked the bit about the humans having no chance... Because it's true. The premise for this game is kind of insane in that regard.

The comments about the boat remind me I saw gameplay footage of some of the bosses for this game...

And sure enough, one of the water-based monsters attacks 3 boats, and promptly destroys one, and kills half a dozen people...

And yet, somehow we're still expected to believe the people can win...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Haha yeah it so true that the human would not stand a chance against any of the creatures in the game. It's a shame you didn't do a unskippable on the Jhen Mohran cutscene.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
hawk533 said:
I really wish that there was a part 2 to this. It was just so ridiculous and the comments so hilarious that I want more.

The intro sequence would have had me scared to death to leave my house, but only if my house was a bomb-proof bunker with 2 foot concrete walls. Otherwise it wouldn't matter if I was in my house or not, I would still be screwed.
Sadly (or perhaps it's a good thing) this game sneaks away with as few cut scenes as possible, so no chance of a part 2, but I agree. The only other cut scenes left all last less than a minute each, and are usually just there to introduce new areas or bosses.

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
I can think of two jobs for cats. Cat's eyes, of course. And pencil sharpeners. I think Monster Hunter Tri would have been a better game if you played as the dragon. Kind of like God Hand with the ability to breathe fire.

loodmoney

Apr 25, 2011
I haven't played the game, so forgive me if this sounds ignorant, but... that guy's facial hair--can you buy that to use as a weapon and/or armour?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
You might not need a bigger Pokeball since those things can apparently hold a friggan Whalord which is the size of a humpback whale.

"I get the feeling that this isn't earth."
In the immortal words of General Jack O'Neill: "Ya Think?"

Chasmodius

Rogue Commentator
Jan 13, 2010
That game looks pretty effin' ridiculous! Good skewering, guys.

It's funny that you couldn't think of a job for cats, though, since cats in the real world have had one of the most important jobs in human history! They protect our all-important stores of surplus food, especially grains (you know, the basis of human civilization) from insects and rodents. This is how we have domesticated felines. Without cats protecting our barley and hops, there is no mead or beer. NO BEER!

MatsVS

Tea & Grief
Nov 9, 2009
And the swords do get bigger & bigger, if not in the literal sense!

Good video for an excellent game.

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
I'd much rather fight that fire breathing dragon than look at that dudes ass less chaps and thong combo any longer.