Unskippable: No More Heroes 2

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
CounterAttack said:
One of the major things that puts me off this game already is that the "beam-swords" are essentially lightsabers, just with a metal tip at the end. And that's just inconvenient because the user wouldn't be able to make a thrust attack. I mean, come on, they even sounded like lightsabers...
The metal tips are often pointy, you can thrust with them. Also the best beam katana in the first game WAS a lightsaber, with no frame or anything, just a handle :)

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
Thinking about it, there are more heroes in this, given that Shinobu is a playable character. Huh.

Also, Travis isn't disappointed in the player. He just wants to make sure that he's got a save to fall back on.

Arella18

Apr 22, 2009
CounterAttack said:
One of the major things that puts me off this game already is that the "beam-swords" are essentially lightsabers, just with a metal tip at the end. And that's just inconvenient because the user wouldn't be able to make a thrust attack. I mean, come on, they even sounded like lightsabers...
You do know that's the only way a Lightsaber could be made right...a true beam of light will go on forever until it comes into contact with something it cannot burn through...so the beam katana is the only probable concept for melee beam weaponry

Sephiroth_deus

Jul 25, 2009
Arella18 said:
You do know that's the only way a Lightsaber could be made right...a true beam of light will go on forever until it comes into contact with something it cannot burn through...so the beam katana is the only probable concept for melee beam weaponry
More than likely a "true" lightsaber would in reality(if it were even possible in reality) be a highly miniaturized and focused plasma torch. The blade would probably be encased in a magnetic field. At least that's how I visualize it. I know there are books and TV shows that talk about it, but I don't know the actual science behind how a real lightsaber would operate.

Samsont

Jun 11, 2009
I just realised the guy who did the monologue at the beginning is the guy who voiced the colonel in MGS1,2,3, and 4.

Arella18

Apr 22, 2009
Sephiroth_deus said:
Arella18 said:
More than likely a "true" lightsaber would in reality(if it were even possible in reality) be a highly miniaturized and focused plasma torch. The blade would probably be encased in a magnetic field. At least that's how I visualize it. I know there are books and TV shows that talk about it, but I don't know the actual science behind how a real lightsaber would operate.
That would be possible too...then again I doubt we'd have melee weaponry from it...guns would trump melee in the form of laser warfare

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
"And so it came to pass that the Countess, who once bathed in the rejuvenating blood of a hundred virgins, was burned alive. And her castle......."

TheBlackKnight said:
Sampsa said:
TheBlackKnight said:
hmmmm Diablo narrator.... goood
Really? I thought it was colonel Cambell from MGS series or are they the same person? I also think that the protagonist sounded like Liquid Snake.
That bloke might have done more then just Diablo ;) I never touched any Metal Gear games, so I can't tell; Of course IMDB might help us here....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0251646/

dun dun duuuuun~
That's quite a list.

Myoukochou

Black Butterfly
Apr 1, 2009
Dormin111 said:
That narrator HAS to be Colonel Cambell from the Metal Gear Solid series.
Yes. It is Colonel Campbell (Paul ?Otis? Eiding).

Yes. That does make it difficult for me to picture him not briefing you.

dudeman0001

Jul 8, 2008
Well, this is no more heroes, so im assuming that guy with the big sword was supposed to look like cloud?

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
TIME PARADOX!

But yeah, this does actually kind of make me want to play the game. If only the main character wasn't failing so hard at being Dante.

Winds of Insanity

Sep 4, 2010
^ No More Heroes is a parody, and so is Travis. He's pretty much an otaku stereotype taken to the (il)logical extreme. The brother the guy he's fighting mentions was himself a Dante spoof.

So whether it's intentional or not is anyone's guess, but I'm going with intentional.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Just fair warning, tomorrow is Labor Day here in the US and if you remember last year they didn't do an unskippable because of it.

So don't ***** about it if they don't put anything up.

Fatalistic

Jul 15, 2010
Is it a bad thing that the line, "Eight feet tall and covered with hair" made me think of Chewbacca?

UkibyTheMaid

Aug 11, 2009
Jbird said:
Dormin111 said:
"Travis? Travis?! TRAAAAVIIIIII--!! Oh, why do I care? That guy was a douche-bag."

Paul Eiding is the narrator for this, and Diablo; and Colonel Campbell.
Really? Thank God! I thought I was the only one that was hearing MGS stuff everywhere! And since I like Campbell and I was "Nah, I'm just hearing things, really..."

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
UkibyTheMaid said:
Jbird said:
Dormin111 said:
"Travis? Travis?! TRAAAAVIIIIII--!! Oh, why do I care? That guy was a douche-bag."

Paul Eiding is the narrator for this, and Diablo; and Colonel Campbell.
Really? Thank God! I thought I was the only one that was hearing MGS stuff everywhere! And since I like Campbell and I was "Nah, I'm just hearing things, really..."
IMDB should be renamed to Internet Media Database. You wouldn't have to change the URL, just replace the banner =P