Unskippable: One Piece: Unlimited World Red - The Seven Seas Got Weird

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
One Piece: Unlimited World Red - The Seven Seas Got Weird

Apparently, I know less about this show then I even thought I did.

Watch Video
 

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
11,597
0
0
We need to get those girls some bras that support them, and pain medication, what sore backs.
 

Hiramas

New member
Aug 31, 2010
124
0
0
While I love one piece, and actually know most of the characters, from time to time I have to wonder what kind of mushrooms the author of the manga and the TV-Show teams ate to come up with this. Also, the women will have serious back problems at some point in their live I suppose....
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
Wait wait wait! 35th game based on One Piece??? That's almost as many as Dragon Ball Z!! I had no idea One Piece was that popular.
 

Hiramas

New member
Aug 31, 2010
124
0
0
canadamus_prime said:
Wait wait wait! 35th game based on One Piece??? That's almost as many as Dragon Ball Z!! I had no idea One Piece was that popular.
It's the most sold manga in history says wikipedia and the TV show is also very popular.
 

WhiteFangofWhoa

New member
Jan 11, 2008
2,548
0
0
It's not Tom Nook, it's not Tom Nook, it's not Tom Nook... oh hey, a new leaf.

I'm more a Bleach guy but this show easily has it beaten in the weird characters and comedy departments. I remember seeing my cousin play one of the thirty-five games based off it, and it looked pretty fun because you could play as any of the Straw Hat crew except Dr. Chopper (he was your healing checkpoint) and explore the various islands Wind-Waker style.
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
Hiramas said:
canadamus_prime said:
Wait wait wait! 35th game based on One Piece??? That's almost as many as Dragon Ball Z!! I had no idea One Piece was that popular.
It's the most sold manga in history says wikipedia and the TV show is also very popular.
Oh really? I've only seen a handful of episodes of the anime, and the 4kids version too, so I had no idea.
 

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
18,159
1
3
Country
UK
Man I can't help to cring hearing their comment on that cutscene (huge One Piece fan here) but yet again I can't fully blame them since it would be weird seeing that scene from a newcomer point of view.
Also I want to know more about that game like why Aokiji is with Red or is Red a devil fruit eater that can make clone construct of people?
I can never get why they even release that other Unlimited game for the Wii when they made so few quantity of it in the UK (GAME didn't had it and the only place that I read that did got it was at Cex).
 
Jan 12, 2012
2,114
0
0
Evil Smurf said:
We need to get those girls some bras that support them, and pain medication, what sore backs.
She does have a bra, it's just incredibly ineffective at supporting the watermelons she's smuggling. And how can they get pain medication when the doctor can't open the aspirin bottle?

OT: With no knowledge of the show at all, I'm going to point out that Giant Muscled Triangular Shipwright has scars running the length of his torso and robot arms, so presumably they cut off his regular arms and used those muscles to give him extra abs.
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
Don't worry Graham, I know even less about One Piece than you do.

I honestly had no idea that was Nami until this video had her name show up. AND WHO IS THE SKELETON AND THE DUDE WITH THE PISTON ARMS? WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON?

(in my defense, the last time I had contact with One Piece was in the 2000s, when I watched the anime for all of 2 months).
 

hermes

New member
Mar 2, 2009
3,865
0
0
It seems like I too know a lot less about it that I thought. It seems Nami eat a DD devil fruit at some point, and her redesign is the most normal compared to the rest of the crew...
 

Kopikatsu

New member
May 27, 2010
4,924
0
0
Shanicus said:
Don't worry Graham, I know even less about One Piece than you do.

I honestly had no idea that was Nami until this video had her name show up. AND WHO IS THE SKELETON AND THE DUDE WITH THE PISTON ARMS? WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON?

(in my defense, the last time I had contact with One Piece was in the 2000s, when I watched the anime for all of 2 months).
I'll watch the video later when I'm not busy, but...

'Dude with the piston arms' sounds like Franky. He's the Strawhat's shipwright. Also a cyborg. Dunno what else to say about him, aside from the fact that he and the weapons he designs run off of cola. Like, the soda. Yeah.

Skeleton is Brook. His Devil Fruit power makes it so that his soul can't leave this plane of existence. His soul got lost after he died, so by the time he found his body again, it had already been reduced to a skeleton. He's the Strawhat's musician, but also a talented swordsman. Remember Laboon from the beginning of the series? (The giant whale around the entrance to the Grand Line). Brook promised that he would return to Laboon before he died. So he's upset about that, because... he died.
 

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
6,783
1,425
118
Country
United States
Gender
Male
I've read up on the show(and tried to watch it) so I'm not totally lost, but that's still pretty all over the place. That might also be part of the reason I didn't keep watching(other then the fact the story has been running for nearly 20 years and still isn't finished yet).

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of ONE PIECE but the sheer length and apparent pacing issues(DBZ Syndrome) is a serious deterrent from even starting.

Totally agree that the Marine uniforms are just bizarre. Putting MARINES on a baseball cap doesn't make you look fearsome guys, it makes you look like overzealous baseball fans. AND YOU DON'T WEAR THEM WITH A DRESS UNIFORM!
 

Hiramas

New member
Aug 31, 2010
124
0
0
Dalisclock said:
Totally agree that the Marine uniforms are just bizarre. Putting MARINES on a baseball cap doesn't make you look fearsome guys, it makes you look like overzealous baseball fans. AND YOU DON'T WEAR THEM WITH A DRESS UNIFORM!
Their suit and mantle combo looks awesome, though. You can almost overlook the baseball cap ;P
 

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
4,815
0
0
So first time watching Unskippable...I don't quite understand what its purpose is besides comedy. And being a huge fan of One Piece and playing this already made me cringe at the fact they know next to nothing.

I will agree Nami and Robin are pretty much fan service, and the only thing Robin has ever done was perform the longest, most elaborate suicide attempt ever.


...I miss old Brook, his costumes suck compared to his original.
 

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
1,525
0
0
EHKOS said:
So first time watching Unskippable...I don't quite understand what its purpose is besides comedy.
No, that basically covers the whole purpose of Unskippable. It's just an amusing short segment of them making fun of intro cinematics of video games. You've got the whole gist of it.

OT: You know, all the girls that I remember from One Piece did look pretty much the same in the face. Though, I'd just argue it being a product of its culture and time, being that it's a 17 year old manga.
 

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
5,145
0
0
Yeah... it's One Piece, you have to get used to the weirdness pretty fast, otherwise you'll just get lost.

Also, when was there a tanuki with the Straw Hat crew? Dang, I need to catch up on the manga... now if only I had the money/shelf space for 50+ books...

Wait... this is the 35th One Piece game? Wow, I'm impressed.
 

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
16,800
865
118
Country
Argentina
klaynexas3 said:
OT: You know, all the girls that I remember from One Piece did look pretty much the same in the face.
They look exactly like the same blow-up sex doll. The only difference is hair and clothing.
 

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
1,786
0
0
klaynexas3 said:
EHKOS said:
So first time watching Unskippable...I don't quite understand what its purpose is besides comedy.
No, that basically covers the whole purpose of Unskippable. It's just an amusing short segment of them making fun of intro cinematics of video games. You've got the whole gist of it.

OT: You know, all the girls that I remember from One Piece did look pretty much the same in the face. Though, I'd just argue it being a product of its culture and time, being that it's a 17 year old manga.
I think i read somewhere that the author makes all the hot girls in the show look like that because he's been basing their design off his wife. Don't quote me on that though, i've not checked my sources on that one.

OT: One Piece was kind of a clusterfuck during that whole war. It's pretty nice how they kinda went back to formula with the Fishman Island arc and Dressrosa.

Also: Holy shit, has it really been 17 years since One Piece started? And according to some we're at the halfway point? Well at least One Piece is still good as opposed to the series about that orange ninja twat.