Unskippable: Red Dead Redemption

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Red Dead Redemption

A man arrives, walks, sits, and travels.

Watch Video

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Sorry for the delay, folks. We tried to get this up and running this morning but the server hamsters were on strike demanding clean water and fresh shavings. Since it's official Escapist policy not to negotiate with terrorists, we had to wait for a strike team of marmots to resolve the situation in our favor.

Business as normal.

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
Steve Butts said:
Sorry for the delay, folks. We tried to get this up and running this morning but the server hamsters were on strike demanding clean water and fresh shavings. Since it's official Escapist policy not to negotiate with terrorists, we had to wait for a strike team of marmots to resolve the situation in our favor.

Business as normal.
A very reasonable response to this sort of crisis.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Can you at least pistol whip the snobbish old ladies and racist priest?

Also worth the wait.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Can you at least pistol whip the snobbish old ladies and racist priest?

Also worth the wait.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Steve Butts said:

Business as normal.
Hamster only cost like a buck a piece and live a year. You could have just flushed the striking ones down the toilet and bought new ones. That is how I roll.

Anyhow that being said I love all of the racist and off color talk in this. I'm not condoning racism or whatever, but it is hilarious hearing it.

Mullahgrrl

Apr 20, 2008
Fangobra said:
Did anybody else expect an "and yet, the armadillo" reference at the end?
And also, anybody else, while we have your attention can anybody else hear 'Armadillo' as a placename without thinking of that Danish fort in Afghanistan?

May 26, 2010
bdcjacko said:
Anyhow that being said I love all of the racist and off color talk in this. I'm not condoning racism or whatever, but it is hilarious hearing it.
You not condoning racism is precisely WHY it is hilarious, I think, because you're not used to hearing or comprehending it as part of daily life or conversation, so you';re ok.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
That accent was actually pretty good, Graham.

Also, calling a ship Blackwater [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwater_(waste)] is disgusting.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Fangobra said:
bdcjacko said:
You not condoning racism is precisely WHY it is hilarious, I think, because you're not used to hearing or comprehending it as part of daily life or conversation, so you';re ok.
No, I hear it fairly regularly, I've been on x-box live. *rimshot*

But it is more of you don't see it in media all the often in this day and age or when you do you see the completely ugly horrible side and how it is just totally destroying lives. While here it is presented as if there isn't any other way and it is perfectly acceptable in these peoples minds. Kind of like how Blazing Saddles is also hilarious.

Gaming King

Apr 9, 2010
Man, Red Dead has gotten perfect scores with an opening that SHITTY? RAGE!!!

It was super sterotypical and didn't show ANYTHING about the main character or what the hell was going on!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Pretty nice episode, though i was kinda puzzled when a new Unskippable appeared at midnight.
I've never truly learned on what day a new episode of any show on the Escapist appears.
The only show i was able to remember correctly was Doraleous& Associates.

Also: loved the explanation about why the video was late.

Madmanonfire

Jul 24, 2009
Ah, the train ride. One of the worst opening cinematics I've ever seen.
It seemed like it took forever for those old people to shut up before the game actually started. What a pain.
I was almost against watching this only because of having to sit through that cinematic again.

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
bdcjacko said:
Steve Butts said:

Business as normal.
Hamster only cost like a buck a piece and live a year. You could have just flushed the striking ones down the toilet and bought new ones. That is how I roll.

It's not the cost of acquisition; it's all the specialized training.

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
if i would have been on that train to armadrillo with those people ...
i would have gotten right on the next train back to tasty black-water.
on the other hand ... i see crazy people on the train each and every day on my way to work...
that s what public-transportation is like and seems to have been ever since it was created.