Unskippable: Remember Me, Part 1

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah, I would not be getting one of those Sensen things. I don't want anyone stealing my polygons.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Losing your memory doesn't make you stupid, but they did have to use the memory scraper on her a few times, and that thing smarts.

canadamus_prime said:
Yeah, I would not be getting one of those Sensen things. I don't want anyone stealing my polygons.
It was bad enough when they just stole your pixels....

Lord Hosk

Dec 2, 2011
"Just because they erased your memory doesn't mean you don't recognize something as utterly terrifying."

When I wake up in a messed up state and can hardly stand, the first thing I am NOT going to do, is walk down a hallway behind a creepy flying robot and wait to sit in a chair that makes people scream in pain and terror, then get dropped into a hole.

Im pretty sure the wiping of memory doesn't override innate human fight or flight response.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
As good an excuse as any to have a hand-holding tutorial intro where you learn to walk by following the glowing line, I guess. Though the fact that she can do all that means she kept memories of basic motor controls and the ability to speak and interpret. Guess that was what the chair was for. Very Dollhouse-esque.

What happens if you go to the right? Find out next time!

Jan 12, 2012
WhiteFangofWar said:
What happens if you go to the right? Find out next time!
But we went left? Does the hallway turn, or is there actually something different that happens if you don't listen to Mr. "I feel everything you do"?

OT: I'm still waiting for someone to give me a reasonable explanation for why everyone in the future wears rubber and spandex unitards. Also, what's the point of having the display/access port hologram behind you? That just seems inconvenient (plus, if you're just walking down the street, someone might jack in and steal your first birthday).

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
I know it was intended to be a joke, but yes, in the game there are memory vending machines. You can buy memories. The sex-tape capabilities? Now that was was your idea.

warlock257

Jul 19, 2010
Whenever I see the title for this game, I always think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYURxfaTdpY

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
I don't care what the Internet complains about gameplay on rails or female leads, I absolutely LOVED playing Remember Me. I'm on my second play-through of the game currently, renting it from Gamefly. Once the game comes down a bit in price (or I get enough space in my budget to afford it), I'm definitely buying this game, because, to me, it's such a refreshing change of style and concept in games.

ADDENDUM: Also, I really like the combat in the game. Has a nice visceral feel to it, in my opinion.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Haha. Good point on the sleeveless straitjacket.

I have to say, the graphics and the art direction in this game are just mind blowing. Major props to Aleksi Briclot.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Can evil corporations please start getting a remotely sane person to design their mindwipe bunkers? Like, maybe a brighter paint scheme and doors between the waiting area and the mindwipe chair? Is it really too hard to ask?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
So there's technology to share memories between people? Who are these guys, Abstergo? The Bleeding Effect is going to be a *****.

captcha: plus or minus
plus: you can physically delete your worst memories
minus: your brain could be so fried, basic motor functions are difficult

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
All your emotions would be gone!

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
See, this is really just a technical problem. If her name was Anne or Sarah, I'm sure they'd have no problem erasing her memory of it. But I'd have a hard time forgetting too if my name was along the lines of Nilin.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I imagine that, with the combination of videogames becoming more mainstream, and mainstream videogames becoming more "walk to the next waypoint while we create the illusion of strife", by the 2080's people will actually need a stop sign every twenty feet.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Not just flying robots, flying robots that fly using bare exhaust rocket pods! Hope nobody in that MEDICAL FACILITY is using an OXYGEN TANK. Hell, even without the danger of explosion everybody there is just one stumble away from getting their faces melted off.