Unskippable: Resonance of Fate

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
ziggy161 said:
Did no-one else sense a slight rip off of FF9? XD Maybe I really am the only one who's played that game, haha.

Also, werid Peter-pan like flying. I'm actually curious to see how they did survive!

Also, music by Motoi Sakuraba? :3
Yeah, when that guy was walking in the street, the camera angle and decorations made me remember Vivi in Alexandria during the festival. Also the rope aerobics kind of remind me of FF9.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Well, just to point out, am I the only one that saw the Iron Maiden (although not really) reference in that?
Come on, look over it one more time :D

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
thethingthatlurks said:
How...how the hell did they survive that? Why did they fall through clouds after they were past they city. What the hell is going on there?
I mean just going by the intro, the bloody game makes no sense whatsoever. It's like trying to reason with a fish...

Hilarious, of course, but I still have no idea what happened.
To be fair even outside of anime-land it is possible to survive a fall from terminal velocity if you land right and hit something soft enough to break your fall without killing you. It would still hurt like a ***** though.

That said why is she happy to be alive after jumping to her death?

G Skunk

Apr 19, 2010
A Pious Cultist said:
That said why is she happy to be alive after jumping to her death?
Well, it's plausible that some people change their minds after jumping to their deaths. Rather sad, when you think about it. However, I'm not sure what convinced her she was safe and sound now that she's falling while holding the hand of someone else who is also falling. I'm 10 Chapters into the game and I still haven't found out how they survived. I have little faith that that's ever going to be explained, though, so there's no sense in letting it bother me. It's kinda silly, but so is a lot of the game. Part of its charm, for some.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Haha, I cracked up at the "I'm alive!" "What?" "Cause it sounded like whuhhhhhch." This was great but for some reason this was my favorite line :D

Andrey Malyutin

Apr 4, 2010
But now I want to find out what the heck happened ><, well everything probably went according to plan as there were several other couples off screen doing the same thing. Hilarious thought, especially about grabbing the 'wrong carpet' for Alladin and Jasmine.

lucky_sharm

Aug 27, 2009
That cutscene was just so unrealistic that it was hilarious to watch. The soundtrack was impressive, though.

xenxander

Nov 14, 2007
You're smiling...

that's because I'm looking up your skirt - and you're going to break my fall.

Okay that one line had me laughing quite hard. Awesome!

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Thats funny i might actually buy that game just because it was so funny 'Ominous glow to see you' Laughed so hard.

Nicole Maronn

Nov 22, 2012
Love this episode! The game, however...oh the hurts it game me due to its difficulty spikes and pointless grinding sessions! I barely made it halfway before I quit for good. Still, I love the opening movie for Resonance of Fate; very beautifully done and it gave me goosebumps watching it for the first time on my HD TV when I first purchased my Xbox 360 (wasn't my first game; that would be Street Fighter 4).

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
The game is pretty fun. The learning curve on the combat system is a bit steep, but once you understand it, it sort of just clicks and fighting enemies is pretty easy.

You also don't need to grind at all. I mean you can, and you might for a few items, but victory in battle has a lot more to do with positioning and timing than who has the bigger numbers. Although bigger numbers also helps too.

Anyways, a playthrough usually takes 50+ hours. So ya, it's a long game.