Unskippable: Resonance of Fate

polygon

Jan 28, 2009
G Skunk said:
Except for how those two survived the fall. I don't think that's ever explained, but I'm not some caveman who screeches and panics every time some little thing goes unexplained. Sometimes, kiddos, not every aspect of every detail is handed over to us. That's our opportunity to use our imaginations and mentally weave a web of meaning where there may be none.
Please tell me you did not try to pass off the protagonists inexplicably escaping death after diving off of something that literally went above the clouds as "well the story doesn't have to hold your hand like it's your mommy."

Not playing a sequence where the main character puts a two-litre of hair gel to explain his impossible hair is a "skippable detail." The impossible savior of the main characters is not. Skipping over it is laziness and nothing else.

Yarggg

Apr 17, 2010
Nice work on the commentary guys.
Funny as always.

Keep up the good work.

Yarggg

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
sougo13 said:
Mr Companion said:
So, wait WHAT?
I mean I don't really care about what happens to them, but how the fuck did they plummet to their deaths and then turn up alive two years and seve- oh whatever I really don't want to know.
You're new to this genre aren't you?
Sure am, but I cant help but feel that if I knew what was going on I would actually be more confused.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Heheh, I was thinking at the same time that the impact of catching her should have ripped his arm off.

& so Wendy & Peter flew off to Never-Never Land.....

Arctic Fox

Cool Customer
Apr 14, 2009
When the hero cut the rope and swung in to save her, I immediately thought of the Zidane and Garnet swinging around in FFIX. I guess it was the triangle flags on the ropes that jogged my memory + I'm a FF nerd.

I also enjoyed the assassin's creed reference. Good job fellas.

shemoanscazrex3

Mar 24, 2010
Misterpinky said:
"Aha. You thought we were going to a different shot... but we're still watching these jackasses falling."
This is one of the best Unskippables they've done in a while. Leave it up to a JRPG to make you laugh....
I wholeheartedly agree

p4riah

Aug 12, 2009
G Skunk said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Phantom of the Opera reference at the beginning of the video. That was classy.
Seriously. Phantom of the Opera joke right out of the gate made my day.

I wonder how many people here get the reference.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
"What did you say? because it sound like whhhuchhhh..."

My dog was slightly taken aback by my sudden laughing.

Mattteus

May 1, 2009
several years later in ANOTHER UNIVERSE!!
how is it they were falling and rising at the same time?

sougo13

Sep 11, 2009
Mr Companion said:
sougo13 said:
Mr Companion said:
So, wait WHAT?
I mean I don't really care about what happens to them, but how the fuck did they plummet to their deaths and then turn up alive two years and seve- oh whatever I really don't want to know.
You're new to this genre aren't you?
Sure am, but I cant help but feel that if I knew what was going on I would actually be more confused.
Yeah it's a common thing. I mean i love jrpg to bits but some times you just have to ignore any common sense you have - or in this case throw it out of a 300ft clock.

To make it any better, you spent most of your time in this game not knowing what the hell is going on anyway.

Jas0913

Jan 16, 2010
ssgt splatter said:
Why don't I ever understand what's going on in these games?
Normally i'd agree with you. i never understood the whole unskippable series but i thought this one was decent and made some sense.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Jas0913 said:
ssgt splatter said:
Why don't I ever understand what's going on in these games?
Normally i'd agree with you. i never understood the whole unskippable series but i thought this one was decent and made some sense.
No, no, no, it's the JRPGs not the series itself.