Unskippable: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Thammuz said:
"I think this is a Dragonforce song"

Mistaking Blind Guardian for Dragonforce.

FGSFDS
We didn't mistake it, they sound like similar artists.
Besides, there was a lot of explosion sounds masking the music.

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
the intro cutscene was cool, but after... wow... just crap, but hilarious with you guys as always

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
I'll say this.

For ALL the awful cutscene at the beginning, terrible voice acting, and WHAT THE HELL MOUNTS WHAT THE HELL DO THEY RIDE WHAT it had, it actually had some interesting mechanics.

It's kinda... it's like a B-movie but video game. It's kinda fun in its terrible sort of way, and so long as you go in going 'This is a b-movie' you'll actually have a great time playing it.

I did.

High Elf Frost MageMystic Stormite OP!

Axyun

Oct 31, 2011
I hated this game's cutscenes and voice acting but actually really enjoyed it as a whole. It's more akin to a 3rd person Elder Scroll game. You can go anywhere (permitting you are high enough level to tackle the monsters in the area) and have a mount. Instead of focusing on a story-driven zone-by-zone quests, you kinda just went out and explored and found neat stuff to see and kill. The layout of the land is that of a continent, not just successive levels.

It is really hard to get past the awful first impression the game leaves. I honestly put down the game shortly after booting it up the first time. I decided to give it a second shot a few weeks later and found myself getting hooked shortly afterwards.

d3s4nN

Feb 2, 2011
FYI: The Song is called Sacred and was actually performed by german speed metal oldies Blind Guardian and not by dragon force

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Woah, I can't believe how horrible this game looks! I couldn't really hear the cutscene that well but I didn't need to, just to know how bad it was! Also, I loved how they were frozen and still moving their eyes. But the spazzing at the end REALLY got me!

Slvrwolfen

Sep 10, 2008
Thank god they used the original Blind Guardian version <3

The new trailer/cutscene track makes the whole thing many, many times worse.

Sadly, Blind Guardian is the biggest reason anyone would ever buy this game. The track plays around the game in quite a great number of spots.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
GO-GO GENERIC FANTASY RANGERS!

Uh-Oh! A rock Golem! We need generic-zord power now!

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
This game looks very shoddily designed. Bug testing failures that would make Bethesda blush, horrible graphics, and a ridiculous concept that takes itself waaaaay too seriously.

Not only that but I'm pretty sure the character they showed to be dying...I'm pretty sure I saw her in an early 2000s edition of PC Gamer Magazine at the start of a section on Guild Wars.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
An example of how this is truly a B-video game.

The Seraphim class has two options for hair. One is short, the other is that twin pony-tail thing.

Okay.

The Seraphim class has these things called 'wings' which are gaudy back armor which do, whatever they do. It's a diablo-like game, so it's an item slot. But, EVERY piece of wings armor will have clipping errors with the twin-ponytail hair no matter what she is doing.

Now bear in mind:

Twin ponytail is ONLY on the Seraphim, and it's only one of two hair styles.
Wings are ONLY useable by the Seraphim.

QUALITY!

And yet... the game is still fun.

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
See, up until that really long expository monologue I was kinda interested in this game. But then she was just doing the same 5 second animation repeatedly, while taking at me from a fixed camera angle and I wanted to kill something. That was the longest death speech of my life.

Also, am I the only one who looked at the Seraphim at first and was like "...is that a Warcraft Night elf?"

Did this game have any bug testing whatsoever? That door spazzing and the fact that they can't even have your character showing in the cutscene is just embarrassing.

Gregorius

May 28, 2008
Okay, I just wanna correct you on one thing at the 1:42 mark of the video:
This soundtrack does not seem appropriate for this time period... whatever time period this is.
I call bull, because Blind Guardian goes with absolutely everything. Even when it's an old blind man somehow reading of an epic battle from a book with no apparent Braille markings, Blind Guardian can make even that seem overly awesome.