Unskippable: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Aw... too bad you talked over the part about the "butt power" breeding "fear, anger, and Jello-C"...

The Random One

May 29, 2008
How... fortuitous that a game of this caliber is played on Unskippable immediately after the last Graham and Paul's Let's play ended...

(GET TO IT)

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I thought the open cutscene was bad, but then the second part came up and... wow...

Not even Fallout 3 NPC models are that robotic and mechanical in their movements.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Add some extra blood and have that one elf girl show up topless and this is pretty much "Heavy Metal" the animated movie.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
burningdragoon said:
This is by far the best part of the game:

<youtube=JyfE55c_ZjI>

Edit: No, Blind Guardian making music for it and being able to go to a in-game Blind Guardian concert was not the only reason I played the game....
I love how even the giant golem managed to score tickets to that concert. Must've had to buy at least five seats worth though...

Also, I bet you that during that old man's tale he had his iPod hooked to a speaker system to accompany his story telling. He was probably air guitaring to it during the solo parts.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
One of the best ARPGs I have played in years. Massive worlds, massive amount of content, great combat and all of that jizz. And the graphics, what the hell, how the hell are they bad? Sure, the CGI looks pretty awful, but the ingame graphics, character animation during combat are all well done. And the only thing that matters in this type of game is the combat, you aren't going to spending much time within in-game cutscenes, there are none. Hell, the voice acting is cheesy and seems almost intentional. Just listen to the evil vs good character dialogues, add the different class selection to the mix, and it's a recipe for awesomeness. It never bores me to stay idle for a few minutes and listen to the evil shadow warrior moan about how I am trying to kill him with old age. :)

Going back to the graphics, did I say the world is massive, as in World of Warcraft, or MMO-like massive? Huge cities, huge outdoor environments, and a great massive amount of colors that are not from different shades of brown, grey or purple. The quests are fun, the boss battles are well done, and for a game that came out in it's time, it had dragon boss battles, real dragon boss battles, you know, something that wasn't exactly implemented properly in any other ARPG. And the different enemy types, and classes. Simply astounding. Did I also mention that the choices of weaponry for your character beats any other RPG out there? Want to wield a 2H sword/axe/hammer, a halberd, a pike, a shield & sword, dual wielding? Guess want you can do each of these and more. That's character customization, not selecting what hair color you have. And for PC owners of the game, the expansion did add those options, but they are meaningless withing an ARPG / diablo-clone, as you are going to be watching your character wearing his armor more than displaying his polished red colored nails.

And the character classes are fun as well, well designed hybrids with some interesting facets, like the warrior being an undead, so he is a necromancer as well. The mage is the typical elemental mage, also she is an elf so she is a racist douchebag. The dragon mage is a dragon. Blah blah blah.

Just watch Angry Joe's review of the game. One of the best ARPGs out there.

xrogaan

Mar 10, 2012
Graham_LRR said:
xrogaan said:
Actually, you can't change the hair color for that character (or any other character). Therefor, they had to use some kind of hack which then probably introduced the differents issues witnessed in the cutscene.

Yes, the seraphim are blond only.
That is absolutely not true.
This is the PS3 version and you certainly can change the hair on the Seraphim.
We make sure that anything we mock is these scenes in the game's fault... we would never make fun of something caused by a change we made.
Oh, okay. Sorry. From my memories, I couldn't change anything on my PC game.

But now I understand why it's so buggy: PS3. I don't need any other explanation than that. It is an understanding that this game isn't on his best on consoles.

- - -

cricket chirps said:
Graham_LRR said:
xrogaan said:
Actually, you can't change the hair color for that character (or any other character). Therefor, they had to use some kind of hack which then probably introduced the differents issues witnessed in the cutscene.

Yes, the seraphim are blond only.
That is absolutely not true.
This is the PS3 version and you certainly can change the hair on the Seraphim.
We make sure that anything we mock is these scenes in the game's fault... we would never make fun of something caused by a change we made.
It's ok Graham. Anyone else notice the person who posted this has ONE post on all of the escapist and this person is the only one saying posotive things about the game?

Cuz i noticed. Sneaky dev's trying to defend their hilariously bad cutscene.
Does that means I have to pass some sort of test or get through a prank for my comments to worth something ? If this subject is to mock a game no matter what, well, i'm sorry. But I really did enjoyed this game.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
"Wow, he tells a gripping tale!" This was one of the funniest of these videos they ever made! It does look like a teenager's doodlings come alive. Except for the buggy spazzing-out at the end.

Kashrlyyk

Dec 30, 2010
It is running fine on my Windows 7 64bit computer. It probably detected your forum name and thought: fuck him.

SweetWarmIce

Jun 1, 2009
Quaxar said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
can you play as the dog with the laser gun for a arm? I would so buy that game
Yes, you can play it. It's called a "temple guard" or something like that and it's truly and utterly horrible. I bought that game because the first one was the first RPG I ever played and was simply fantastic and fun.
Sacred 2 on the other hand ran at about .3 FPS which means you could paste the whole gameplay into powerpoint with a star fade after every slide and it'd still be faster than actually playing it... I have not touched that game since I first took it out of my CD drive.

That Blind Guardian song would have deserved a lot better than this game.
Temple Guardian it's a melee/ranged hybrid with party support skills. It's also the only reason I bought the game (cheap on eBay). While it's intro is just as cringe worthy as this, it lasts less then a minute.

Shame though, I thought Sacred was awesome.

jessegeek

Oct 31, 2011
xrogaan said:
Does that means I have to pass some sort of test or get through a prank for my comments to worth something ? If this subject is to mock a game no matter what, well, i'm sorry. But I really did enjoyed this game.
Is the point to mock a game no matter what?

Yes. Yes it is. Unskippable is a comedy show which mocks opening cutscenes. Whether or not you personally enjoyed the game is of no consequence. I have enjoyed many of the games featured on Unskippable, but that doesn't stop the cutscenes and Graham and Paul's commentary from being hilarious. If you take it less personally you might enjoy the show.

Also, no it doesn't mean you have to pass some sort of test to be taken seriously, but given the circumstances you have to admit you could have been part of the dev. team. To be honest, despite the SPAG issues with your post, I still think you might be.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
FelixG said:
Quaxar said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
can you play as the dog with the laser gun for a arm? I would so buy that game
Yes, you can play it. It's called a "temple guard" or something like that and it's truly and utterly horrible. I bought that game because the first one was the first RPG I ever played and was simply fantastic and fun.
Sacred 2 on the other hand ran at about .3 FPS which means you could paste the whole gameplay into powerpoint with a star fade after every slide and it'd still be faster than actually playing it... I have not touched that game since I first took it out of my CD drive.

That Blind Guardian song would have deserved a lot better than this game.
Temple Guardian was an awesome class, and had a lot of really fun skills to level up.

The game ran just fine on my computer, dunno what you were doing wrong with it though...
Yeah, I have no idea either. The PC exceeded minimal specs and all and still I ended up with a slideshow. Might have tainted my judgement of the characters I played for about 5 minutes a tad bit.

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
Hashandir said:
Do I spot a new candidate for a "lets play" ? Would be awesome with all the glitches and bugs, not to mention the "original" plot. Plus, from what I've heard, there's 200h+ of game time !
Eh, it wouldn't be as entertaining as you'd think. A lot of it is just running around a poorly designed landscape with a fairly limited variety of enemies at any given time. It's certainly playable, I got it for the offline co-op, but it's barely watchable.

The Anubis-monster was my favourite thing about the game. He's fun to play, I just wish activating skills felt more responsive. It's been a long time, but in a lot of ways this feels like a step backwards from Sacred: Gold Edition.

Captcha: rolling stone. Is that a slant against the golem?

Thammuz

Nov 21, 2010
"I think this is a Dragonforce song"

Mistaking Blind Guardian for Dragonforce.

FGSFDS