Unskippable: Shadow Warrior - Ninjas Love Stan Bush

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Shadow Warrior - Ninjas Love Stan Bush

We like to think this is how all ninjas get psyched for battle.

Watch Video

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Damn, Shadow Warrior was a great game! It and the latest Wolfenstein restored my faith in the FPS genre...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
And knowing is half the ninja. Wait, knowing is half the Stan Bush! No, knowing is half The Touch!

Concept art shrapnel...Is there nothing al Qaeda won't weaponise?

Jan 12, 2012
It's nice to see someone who breaks the mold of "Grizzled Mobster Protagonist" by unironically enjoying 80's music. This is how you humanize characters, games industry, not by giving them a 'tragic' backstory about a dead wife to excuse their brooding.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I give credit for that intro scene for having Stan Bush song, I loved that song!

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Is Wang paying in gold?

Is Wang obviously that much of a threat to explicitly get called out on it?

Does Wang have a car phone, or just a ridiculously huge mobile?

Am I asking these questions just to type the word Wang over and over? (Yes)

Why does one of the ancients have a face in his chest?

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
"Arise...Lowangimus Prime!" (Sorry...had to do it.)

BTW, Graham...a metal T-Rex like object while that song is playing and you didn't think to make a Grimlock reference? SHAMEFUL!!!

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
I'm not gunna lie...

I wanna play this game now...

And solely because of "The Touch".

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
kailus13 said:
Is Wang paying in gold?

Is Wang obviously that much of a threat to explicitly get called out on it?

Does Wang have a car phone, or just a ridiculously huge mobile?

Am I asking these questions just to type the word Wang over and over? (Yes)

Why does one of the ancients have a face in his chest?
His head was cut off so the rest of the body operates on its own and has a chestplate with face on it.

Also, this game is fucking awesome.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Thunderous Cacophony said:
It's nice to see someone who breaks the mold of "Grizzled Mobster Protagonist" by unironically enjoying 80's music. This is how you humanize characters, games industry, not by giving them a 'tragic' backstory about a dead wife to excuse their brooding.
Damn right! We see Lo Wang not only being angry or sad, but also having fun and enjoying himself - and we see that a lot. And he actually DOES have a comic book collection, which I feel for much more than I feel for any dead relative. Really, I find Shadow Warrior to be the best FPS of the last year.

Shodan1980

Mar 29, 2010
Funnily enough, as they were talking about cleaning under the glass floor I was thinking "hey, this is the arena from Viscera Clean Up Detail"

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
Shodan1980 said:
Funnily enough, as they were talking about cleaning under the glass floor I was thinking "hey, this is the arena from Viscera Clean Up Detail"
^^^^ BOOM! There it is! I was thinking the same thing! You know how they keep that clean??? ME!! And let me tell you it was a ***** to get the entrails off the ceiling!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
As soon as they said "wheel", I was thinking of "Wheel in the Sky" by Journey. As soon as I heard the opening of "The Touch", that just made my day!
canadamus_prime said:
He must have been a big fan of the '86 Transformers movie.
I don't see why not. He says he also collects comic books, so that means he's one of us.
Zachary Amaranth said:
And knowing is half the ninja. Wait, knowing is half the Stan Bush! No, knowing is half The Touch!
Knowing is half the BATTLE. The other half involves lasers, bombs, bullets, and sharp pointy things.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Wait, you're 35? You sound a lot younger than that.
...I don't know whether that's a compliment or not.