Unskippable: Silent Hill: Downpour, Part One

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Silent Hill: Downpour, Part One

In the first leg of Silent Hill: Downpour they take a good long look at Phillip Seymour Hoffman in prison.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
Remote Servant? That's really what all video game characters are.

Also, let's have a moment of silence for the most dedicated towel in history.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Irridium said:
Why didn't the fat guy run out of the door he entered the showers from?
I'm guessing the showers don't have multiple exits. Most locker rooms I've traversed, there's really only one way in or out. The exception is if you are going FROM somewhere TO somewhere, like going from a health club lobby to a health club pool. But in prison there is no "to".

I have to say, Phillip Seymour Hoffman was the first place my brain went when I saw that guy, too.

I am completely baffled by the prison walk sequence, though. Between all the gruff clipped dialogue and the grungy soundtrack, it felt like a mix between the opening of Arkham Asylum and an episode of The Shield. Except in both those instances, something happened; in this intro, basically nothing happened after the stabbing, which apparently was sanctioned by the guards and was for a perfectly legitimate reason that neither the victim nor the viewer are allowed to know.

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
yes that is how Kirbi should start, but I think the elevator ride needs to have king Dee Dee Dee in it. you know so Kirbi actually has a reason to eat all his guys basically like this.
"hey Kirbi"
"hey"
"so, your fired from the kingdom, collect your stuff"

Punch You

Dec 12, 2010
I didn't get the walk sequence either. Wasn't it already established that we were in a dark, grimy prison from the scenery and when the guy wakes up and steps in a puddle, and that the main character was dick with no friends because he fantasizes about stabbing fat guys?

I guess they just wanted the scene so they could show up on a tropes page.

SachielOne

Former Escapecraft Op
Aug 10, 2009
The name Radek Marek sounds more Cardassian than Klingon.

God, I'm such a nerd.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
SachielOne said:
The name Radek Marek sounds more Cardassian than Klingon.

God, I'm such a nerd.
Gul Radek!

OT: So... I didn't see any Silent Hill in that Silent Hill game. Is it coming in the next part?

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
"His head looks like his skin is just barely keeping his skull from firing out" is the name of my Akira Yamaoka cover band.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That towel should get a raise for holding on for that long, tis a mighty towel. :D

But I wonder, will the next video have more elevator scenes?

Because I know it will totally be a metaphor for...something.... since it's, ya know, a Silent Hill game.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Good show.

Nice Kirby joke at the end there too. :)
Eat all who stand in your way! >:D

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Is there anything more horrifying than a fat guy in a towel, you know aside from a fat guy in a Speedo.