Unskippable: Splinter Cell: Conviction

Two Angels

Dec 25, 2009
Probably the funniest episode I've seen these guys put out. The last comment had me in stitches for the first time watching Unskippable. Good work.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Ok speaking as a Maltese citizen, I would just like to say that a waiter would NEVER give you a phone and earpiece just because someone called, they would just shout ''ISMA!!! Inti Sam Fisher?'' and destorying any semblance of subteltly you had. Accurately depicting the brutish and abrasive manner my countrymen act is vital to the games authenticity. Also most are complete xenophobic racists and the waiter would of most likely spat in the earpiece just to spite Sams American ass.
Yes maltese people are that bad.

The malta tourism board is just gonna love me for this XD

non_entity

Jan 26, 2008
Damn I'd actually love to play this game but I refuse to buy any more Ubisoft games as long as they use this fucked up DRM.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Well done, cataclysmically humorous, as always.

[sub]wait, what was that in the corner...was that...a "skip" button?[/sub]

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
The walls can speak, and they never shut up.

This is probably the best video I've seen in a long while. On a side-note, I couldn't really get into the Splinter Cell games. Hearing Darkseid's [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/01/DarkseidsupermanTAS.jpg] voice from a character who's the good guy didn't sit well with me.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hahaha is that seriously how they teach you the killing mechanics? xD awesome, I still need to play this game

"that is unless it's either a) necessary or b) awesome"
^that about sums up video game civilians lol

"my dad's michael ironside" LOL
loved that one too, imagine that voice telling you goodnight haha

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Metcarfre said:
Loving the Friendly Giant reference. Ah, CBC children's programming. So good.
Glad someone caught that one.
Probably one of our most obscure references.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
I've never actually played the Splinter Cell games... is Michael Ironside's voice typical of the character? Because that voice and that character model really don't fit together. Not at all. Not even slightly.

(IMDB says yes. Wow, that's some weird casting. Or weird modeling.)

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
"Malta's a country!"
"Shut up!"

"I wish I had a tactical lens flare."

Great episode guys and yes, Sam does sound like my grandpa.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Another Unskippable that's not really unskippable. :p
your ruining the fun

on topic: fantastic episode and the ending bit with his daughter is really creepy

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
hahaha, the final joke was amazing! they did the tutorial in a new and interesting way but when it comes down to it it is a little insulting. keep up the good work!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Wow. That comes only second to Fallout 3, in which they teach you combat mechanics WHILE you're a child.

And walls. Seriously. Used to be all you let them do was hold up the roof, and maybe a painting or two. Then you hand them a little extra responsibility, maybe ask them to display a tutorial or two, and they get all full of themselves.

[small]"I'm flashing back to 20 years ago, when I was Max Payne." All it needed was sorrowful violin music and it would've been DEAD ON.[/small]

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
MeXR said:
"Ooh i'm flashing back 20 years ago when I was Max Payne"
i lol'd
That was definitely laugh-worthy.

Maybe it's just me and knowing the fact that the kid dies, but the echo-effect in that dark room with her seemed kind of creepy. And the writing on the walls did not help.