Unskippable: Splinter Cell: Conviction

Redratson

Jun 23, 2009
"Wow we really thought we had to torture you more to get this information!"

lolz good job again!

SnowmanCA

Mar 30, 2010
Miral said:
I've never actually played the Splinter Cell games... is Michael Ironside's voice typical of the character? Because that voice and that character model really don't fit together. Not at all. Not even slightly.

(IMDB says yes. Wow, that's some weird casting. Or weird modeling.)
Both modeling and mixing of the audio (unless it is made worse due to recording for the clip)

When he is facing at an obscure angle away from the camera at distance or changing distance/angles from the camera their is no attempt to alter the audio, it seems to be playing his audio track like the camera is zoomed in square on his face. The character looking mid thirties does not help.

Rheyvin

Feb 4, 2010
"Boy, walls are getting really uppity in this game," had me laughing. I'm kinda surprised about how they got to this so quickly.

Also, let me say that I do kinda like Sam Fisher but that whole part wear he's explaining how the darkness is great to his daughter, kinda creepy.

tustin2121

Dec 24, 2008
I don't know, I think that whole combat tutorial and the "writing on the wall" thing is pretty damn immersive, despite it being just a little weird. :p

Also, love the Mike Patton joke. :D :D

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
Great episode: the concept of Michael Ironside tucking a child into bed is easily the most frightening thing I could possibly imagine. She would be sleeping there peacefully and BAM! he Scans her brains and her head explodes. And he would LAUGH about it. Michael Ironside is the scariest human being on the planet... next to Willem Dafoe.

Kiroshimatsu

Oct 17, 2008
The wall text reminded a lot of Zombieland and the rules of the world/game. Although the talking walls in this game really were kind of uppity and demanding... :D

SpecklePattern

May 5, 2010
Nice video guys. "Yeah Fishers mom makes great pie" :) Fisher is weird teaching his daughter about darkness being good. Creeepy dad with greepy writing walls. Is fisher on acid or something because he sees all those texts on the walls? :p I would have bought conviction if like any of the games in this spinter cell series would work properly. :/

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Haha, nice episode :D I love the "I'm having a flashback to when I was Max Payne." Thats exactly what I thought of too :D

asgardmothership

Jan 17, 2010
"Just make sure you stay away from that sitting duck. Its quacking could reveal your position."

Absolutely classic line, reminds me why I watch UnSkippable! Great show guys!

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
See, between this and the Zero Punctuation review saying that it's an easy shoot-em-up, I actually want to play this game now. I remember renting the first one and being disappointed that my having to stealth around like a ninja was rewarded with me not being able to kill anyone. I even skipped levels (this being before achievements and developers unwillingness to put cheats in started) and found there was only one where I was allowed to kill a guy. Now you are encouraged to take everyone down and the voice actor is trying to mix gravel Vin Diesel and "get off my plane" into one voice? I am so renting this.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
"Tactical lens flare"
That should be one of the engi's new tools!
"This game is literally explaining the combat mechanics to you as if you are a child."
"The walls are getting really uppity in this game!"
This may be the funniest Unskippable yet!

Hapetiitti

Nov 18, 2009
This has to be the greatest episode since Halo: ODST, had me laughing dozens of times! xD And labeling rooms with blacklight paint seems like a KILLER idea :DD Imagine writing all kinds of weird and super creepy stuff on the walls and ceiling of your apartment bedroom, then just waiting for the havoc it causes with the next tenants >:D

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
How the hell do you chamber a pistol in public surrounded by people and no one notices? He literally stood, reached to his back, pulled out a gun, chambered it and holstered it in his back and no one noticed.

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
Am I the only one who thought that plate was a bowl of soup, and the phone was some sort of unidentifiable garnish? Seriously, Sam had to put in the earpiece before I stopped thinking the thing was some sort of plastic bay leaf.

Also, I'm definitely using that blacklight paint idea. I don't want my walls talking to me, but that is a pretty cool aesthetic.

MarquisLawrence

Feb 21, 2009
Umm slight problem here. Isn't your show called "Unskippable" if so why is there a skip button inthe bottom corner of your movie?! hMMMM? I demand answeres! err. sorry i need to be nice.... I can has answurs pweez? :3

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
"What's the matter, kiddo?"
"My dad's Michael Ironside."

When I heard that, I was laughing so hard that I had to pause the video so as not to miss anything else.
It's just that it's so true: if he really does have a kid, you just know the little guy is completely terrified of his father's scary voice and serial-killer appearance.

Solusumbra

Apr 23, 2010
i really have to give you guys props on that last one. i get so tired of playing games that treat me like im stupid.