Unskippable: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

CBB

Mar 24, 2009
The image of three guys recording a hit video games parody in the toilet is fodder for endless giggles.

Bad Neighbour

Jan 14, 2009
Not sure about this.. probably too many epic people in the same room, i don't think it worked.

That said, omigoshcantwaittillwednesday

jdnoth

Sep 3, 2008
No idea how a two way ZP video will work. Seeing as Zero Punctuation is just a standard video review with one or two unique flairs.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

RogueDarkJedi

Dec 28, 2008
I can't wait to watch this! I so called that this was going to be the next Unskippable (Graham asked people what they thought the next Unskippable would be over Twitter, I called Star Ocean 4). I WIN!

Plus it has America's favorite game reviewer, YAHTZEE! WOO! Gonna watch it now!

EDIT:

Okay, I watched it. It was great, not the best, but still great. It started really really slow within the first 2 minutes. Then it got much much much better. It's still funny, but I was hoping you would make more jokes about that one fat guy and the fact there are totally random people in the room (sounds like someone is trying to show they are an equal opportunity employer).

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
RougeWaveform said:
THe best line is most certainly "It's a space nipple!"
That line is actually the only one in any of the escapist videos that has made me burst out laughing.

Crash486

Oct 18, 2008
I'm suddenly reminded of the tv crossovers of John Stewart, Steven Colbert, and Conan O'brien during last year's writer's strike.

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
Unskippable is alright verses ZP, because by and large, intro movies tend to be fairly hard to make humourous unless they're just stupid, while reviews can be funny because they aren't bound to a cutscene. The Yahtzee bit was fairly funny, but still, you can't make boring cutscenes laugh-a-minute funny.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Hurray! Unskippable, now with complaining about japanese game male character standard! xD

Can't wait for wednesday ^^

PayNSprayBandit

Dec 27, 2008
Jim-a-Lim said:
Fantastic guys, very well done and an extremely balanced voiceover, there was a danger there that yahtzee's voice would have been over used. Nailed it.
I agree. It fit perfectly. Absolutely hilarious.

dallan262

Apr 24, 2008
i guess im one of the ones that found it less funny .... i liked it when the insults seemed to be worked into the dialogue whilst this time it was placed over it ...mind you did like the anti-jrpg jokes :)