Unskippable: Tales of Graces F - Part Two

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Tales of Graces F - Part Two

Finally we get to see the origin story of Master Blaster.

Watch Video

Mr.Wizard

Apr 22, 2010
I'm ashamed to admit for the past two episodes of Unskippable whenever I saw the title on the main splash page I could have sworn it said Tales of Graces Fart...

I'm such a child.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
I spent some time this summer playing this with a friend and we were totally on top of making fun of these (endless) cutscenes. I would love to see you guys do a thing centered on them - maybe not unskippable, not sure people would stand for the length this game has in CS (over)abundance, but it's great to see them again and hear other funny comments over em.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Uh, Paul, your Pig Latin needs work. I think you said "ower-fay" when you should've said "ower-flay".

Oh, and speaking of flowers, I noticed the game DIDN'T show Asbel handing Cheria a flower but DID show the purple-haired girl do just that. Is that supposed to tell us something?...

By the way, a harness WOULD be a good idea for an asthmatic who doesn't want to be carried. Just be sure to use the right vehicle to harness. For example...
...don't use a vehicle that can explode.

Invadergray

Oct 17, 2011
I was told by my friends that this is a good game. But.... Jesus Christ this cutscene is painful to watch.

DjinnFor

Nov 20, 2009
Invadergray said:
I was told by my friends that this is a good game. But.... Jesus Christ this cutscene is painful to watch.
I've noticed that pacing in Eastern games are quite a bit different than Western games. Probably a cultural thing.

Trombone_Hero

Apr 16, 2009
Oh my goodness, was that a Homsar Reference? Oh dear, looks like I'm spending the next hour watching H*R and wading in nostalgia.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Invadergray said:
Apparently there's a prologue where you are all kids and then for some reason it flashes forward to when they're young adults and the actual game begins.

But yeah, that was pretty painful. I think that may have set a new record for the least amount of things actually happening in an opening cut-scene, which is pretty impressive considering how many JRPGs plod along like a paraplegic rolling their wheelchair uphill through thick marmalade.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Wow... I just checked out about halfway through that video and I didn't loose anything. No amount of excellent funny commentary can make up for the asthmatic character...

Strife2GFAQs

Apr 13, 2009
My god...having played this and Eternal Sonata, I'm trying REALLY hard to figure out which had worse pacing. I mean, flashbacks to the same cutscenes are one thing, but...UGH MY BRAIN! I can't believe I played about 6 hours of this game before quitting. FFXIII seems like a rip-roaring adventure in context.

*Drags Hope's dead body into the fray and revives him*

Here, you join these asthmatic twits and sniff some paint. I'll go back to playing better games.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Invadergray said:
The game is good, but it's not really for everyone. You might not like it and I wouldn't recommend it without knowing you. I think it has some seriously bitching cut scenes later on, but again, not for everyone.

OT: I loved the comment about Frederic's mafia connections. I also love seeing games I love being made fun of. These past two episodes have been great.