Unskippable: The Bouncer

AMVP

Sep 5, 2008
"You can't park here."

"I didn't see any signs."

"It's inside!"

"...your inside."

and yes, the puddies reference is just about the funniest thing ever. I'm actually glad they said it was power rangers afterwards; it's been a while for me too and I couldn't be sure.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
*wakes up*
"Eahh Kingdom Hearts!..."

Excellent as always, gentlemen.

Late addition: The railing bit would have been a good place to bring back the "You had ONE job!" joke.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Oh Steve Blum, you really are in everything.
That was really funny, especcially with the assault team stuff. "This is just the stealth team, you should see the normal guys"

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Fizzlewinks said:
Vlane said:
Sion really does look like a character from Kingdom Hearts. He would fit perfectly into it.

Really good episode. I loved the Power Rangers joke.
I remember reading somewhere that Sora was actually based off Sion. Creators liked the character but unfortunately he was thrown into a lame game. Thus he was reborn as Sora.
But Sora's nice, and Sion seems like a dick...

Neo Kojiro

Mar 19, 2008
Slycne said:
The Bouncer was made Squaresoft so that might explain the similarities.
To be accurate, it's Tetsuya Nomura who did the character design for this and FF8, so there's bound to be some overlap. Also, Kingdom Hearts, which just made the main guy saying that funnier.

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
There's a party in my pants and you are underage......

That was a really good one....................I loved the bits where they where jumping around and the guys where doing sound effects.

Antidamacus

Feb 18, 2009
Also, while I'm semi ranting, am I the only one who notices JRPG cutscenes like to throw in massive amounts of what is essentially useless info at this point while making main plot points all mysterious.

Either relay major backstory or give a suspenseful intro. If this girl is so important to a solar satellite (which I'm only guessing), so much so they have real time global tracking on her, why isn't she better guarded?

GruntOwner

Feb 22, 2009
These guys are fast becoming one of my favourite online things. It's nice that you don;t need to also pause and re wind every 5 seconds just to get what they're saying unlike SOME reviewers.

DirkGently

Oct 22, 2008
Another great video. I actually used to play this game quite a bit. Fun fighting with RPG elements.

Also, all lines referring to watching the moon are funnier when said in an Adam West voice. Not Batman Adam West, but Mayor Adam West.

I've still got my eye on you, Moon.

Feb 18, 2009
Neo Kojiro said:
Slycne said:
The Bouncer was made Squaresoft so that might explain the similarities.
To be accurate, it's Tetsuya Nomura who did the character design for this and FF8, so there's bound to be some overlap.
I assume you also noticed the Cactuar in Volt´s jacket. Anyway, this excellent piece of stuff further cements my view that The Escapist is a small pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

MiloP

Jan 23, 2009
Very good, very very good.
"There's a party in my pants and you're.....underage."

DirkGently

Oct 22, 2008
GruntOwner said:
These guys are fast becoming one of my favourite online things. It's nice that you don;t need to also pause and re wind every 5 seconds just to get what they're saying unlike SOME reviewers.
Wait what? Since when is Unskippable anything approaching a review and anything but: Mystery Science Theatre 3000: VIDEO GAMES?

KeithA45

Jan 19, 2009
Hahaha astounding job guys. This could quite possibly be the best you've ever done.

Too many good points to point out all the good ones. Still, I feel some were just so awesome that they deserve mention:

"An Earth-based signal transmits a guidance signal to the martian invasion fleet"
"I've still got my eye on you, moon"
"Least Subtle Attack Team EVER" "This is actually the stealth attack team, you should see the regular guys"
"That train won't be bothering anybody anymore"
"Apparently his job is letting 15 year old girls into the bar"
"He's been waitin' for you. Hurry Up. Wait, what does this girl do at this club?"

And EVERY joke after that

Fizzlewinks

Feb 4, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Fizzlewinks said:
Vlane said:
Sion really does look like a character from Kingdom Hearts. He would fit perfectly into it.

I remember reading somewhere that Sora was actually based off Sion. Creators liked the character but unfortunately he was thrown into a lame game. Thus he was reborn as Sora.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Fizzlewinks said:
Vlane said:

You know how it goes, dick with a heart of gold.