Unskippable: The Darkness

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Awesome! This was definitely better than last week's.

So far, The Darkness is the only game I know about that you can make out with your love interest- IN THE FIRST PERSON! :0

There is a sequence in his game in which you fight in trench warfare in WWI. That's how fucked up this game is.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Machines Are Us said:
Was funny, especially the GTA references.

Did the creators of the game not see the flaw in logic where a cop car gets smashed, blocks the tunnel and then two more somehow catch up 5 seconds later?
Then again, our protagonist's vehicle ploughed through several trucks without even a single crumple.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Yahtzee wasn't kidding about the shotgun...

Great cinematic...the initial idea. Just minus the parts that didn't make sense. Which were a lot, haha

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
They commented on everything I did when I first played it. The guy taking an hour to reload the shotgun, the tunnel going on forever, the mysteriously well-armed construction workers...

And if I had played it after GTA4 I definetly would have made connections.

That was a pretty good game, too.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
Firia said:
Mariena said:
Wow, that was.. a really, really long tunnel.

If the cutscene was anything to go by, the game itself must be horrible! =P
Don't be fooled. The Darkness is high quality entertainment. Go get it. It can't be more than 20 bucks by now.
What? Me? Playing a console? Don't be silly.

:p

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Cripes, it took me less time to get out of the Lincoln Tunnel when my car broke down in the middle of it.

Let's give Jackie a break, though. He suffered from a concussion so bad that icons and instructions on how to do simple things like "look around" started showing up in his vision. No wonder he was reloading so slowly.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Wow, it did take him forever to load that shotgun and where on earth is there a tunnel that long?

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
dalek sec said:
Wow, it did take him forever to load that shotgun and where on earth is there a tunnel that long?
It's French. Enough said, I think.

Norway. Seriously, that thing stretches on for kilometers.

Besides that, this is a fun video. The situations are truly ridiculous and the captions match well and it's just well done overall.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Awesome :)

If you think that was a slow reloading gun, check out the Heckler & Koch P11 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_P11]:

"After firing all five cartridges, the barrel unit must be sent back to its manufacturer for reloading."

fat american

Apr 2, 2008
Mariena said:
Wow, that was.. a really, really long tunnel.

If the cutscene was anything to go by, the game itself must be horrible! =P
The game is alright just average. The best part is probably when you go to WWI. I can't remeber how though. Theres a Nazi train conductor with no limbs and a bandaged face driving a huge train that has a gun the size of the Operation Anchorage Artillery guns on it. It was pretty entertaining, and freaky.

NJ

Feb 12, 2009
With half a town's worth of cars crashing and half the NYPD shooting at 'em - Can't possibly think of a reason why to hurry loading the shotty.

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
My favorite was:

- "Well things must be getting pretty desperate if they're handing the camera-man a shotgun"

Good job :)

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
I'm not disappointed but I guess I enjoy it when you guys mock the dialogue more and the lack of it didn't really do it for me. Still think you guys are awesome though!

Vegeta187x

Jul 2, 2008
Good stuff, but I agree with alot of the other posters...not quite as good as their past stuff. In fairness to them, there really isn't enough variety in the opening cinematic to let them flex their creative, snarky muscles.

I'd really like to see the Tales of Vesperia opening. When I first started playing that, I literally did a double-take when I found out that Yuri was a dude.