Unskippable: The Darkness

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Great Episode! Also how long does it take to load a shotgun I swear he was taking his sweet time on purpose.

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
Honestly, I'm starting to think that they may actually be part of the cinematics. It's difficult for me now to play a game like Dead Rising and not imagine them doing commentary thought out the entire experience.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
DirkGently said:
Mariena said:
Wow, that was.. a really, really long tunnel.

If the cutscene was anything to go by, the game itself must be horrible! =P
It's OK, mainly redeemed by Mike Patton. However, Jackie walks about as fast he reloads that shotgun, the every damn loading sequence features him telling you about one of four things. Before you get to even hear Mike Patton's voice you've heard all of his monologues and it's just so damn tiring.
I remember him having about 8 different storys.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Machines Are Us said:
Was funny, especially the GTA references.

Did the creators of the game not see the flaw in logic where a cop car gets smashed, blocks the tunnel and then two more somehow catch up 5 seconds later?
They rammed the cars?

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
I laughed hysterically when you shot out the windshield and blamed god. Oh man that's good stuff.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Vlane said:
Machines Are Us said:

Did the creators of the game not see the flaw in logic where a cop car gets smashed, blocks the tunnel and then two more somehow catch up 5 seconds later?
They rammed the cars?
If a cop car came around the corner and smacked into another, I guarantee you it would not be in any shape to pursue another one. I know it's just a game, but flaws in logic are so easy to avoid.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Oh my god, that is the slowest I have EVER seen a shotgun being loaded.

Inner monologue:
"...shells... so heavy... let's see... do they fit in like THIS... or? Maybe? Aha! Got one! Now, this next one should be tricky... this way... no... this? No. Maybe the first way again! Aha! Aw man, 10 shells left..."

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Heheheh, excellent! Now I see what Yahtzee meant in his old darkness review about a loooong reload time for the shotguns.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Machines Are Us said:
Vlane said:
Machines Are Us said:

They rammed the cars?
If a cop car came around the corner and smacked into another, I guarantee you it would not be in any shape to pursue another one. I know it's just a game, but flaws in logic are so easy to avoid.
Obviously you don't know how things work in Liberty City.

guardian001

Oct 20, 2008
And Here I thought Yahtzee was exaggerating about the shotgun. Excellent video, keep up the good work.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Loved it. The fact that they seemed to be more mocking the game than just making fun of the dialogue in the cutscene made it even funnier.

And Jesus Christ, I knew he took a long time to reload his shotgun but not that long.

machalllewis

Sep 5, 2008
I dunno I liked this one but I don't think it was as funny as the rest. The shotgun stuff and the head out the window was funny but they kinda kept going back to the same liberty city and shotgun jokes over and over. I guess they're constricted by the actual video though and that was pretty much all that happened.

Also is it just me or are the videos they use getting shorter and shorter?

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Yeah my favorite part was when the prompt came up to fire - "God here, FIRE YOUR SHOTGUN" *pow* "Well that didn't help..." "There is no prompt to ask "why?" "

TheSKSpecial

Mar 7, 2008
Even though I love the game, I know I was pressing the trigger as fast as I could trying to get some shots off during the scene. I just KNEW I was gonna get potshotted.

9/10. Good job.

KamikazeSailor

Jun 10, 2008
Man i remember playing this game. It's actually a lot of fun if you overlook the blatantly bad parts...

I never noticed just how ridiculously long that tunnel actually is, lol, that's pretty sad...

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
these guys are just great. I love them and i love their show, yet again another great episode. I just love how they tried to bring technicalities into this