Unskippable: The Darkness

MiloP

Jan 23, 2009
Not bad. Not great, but not bad. That scene was not exactly a treasure trove of comedy, not like Granadia was. Keep at it.

DirkGently

Oct 22, 2008
Vlane said:
DirkGently said:
Mariena said:
Wow, that was.. a really, really long tunnel.

If the cutscene was anything to go by, the game itself must be horrible! =P
It's OK, mainly redeemed by Mike Patton. However, Jackie walks about as fast he reloads that shotgun, the every damn loading sequence features him telling you about one of four things. Before you get to even hear Mike Patton's voice you've heard all of his monologues and it's just so damn tiring.
I remember him having about 8 different storys.
Four, Eight, Sixteen, whatever. They were all terrible, and all very, very irritating. I hate loading screens, but I hate listening to that jackass talk even more. Never mind that his character made no sense. He's supposed to be some kind of badass mafiaso hitman before he can buy booze? What the hell?

Neo Kojiro

Mar 19, 2008
Now i get to see what Yahtzee was going on about in his first review. That WAS a dainty reloading scene, i must say.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
I do love it when you guys do throw-backs to previous episodes. The "God here" and "bullets only make them angry" (which I can only assume is a rather sly way of referencing Lost Planet) were gold.

As always, I loved it.

KeithA45

Jan 19, 2009
Hahaha nice job. I don't know where this stands in comparison to the other videos, but still good. Favorite moments:

- "I'm sure he's telling us something important but I cannot, for the life of me, understand it"
- "Well things must be getting pretty desperate if they're handing the camera-man a shotgun"
- "No you fool! Bullets only make them angry!"
- "Ah now he's 'riding shotgun'"
- "Farewell, man with a ponytail"
- "'God here: Fire your shotgun' 'That didn't help' 'Yours is not to ask why'"
- "Those are some well-armed construction workers"
- "I postulate that there is no tunnel this long ANYWHERE ON EARTH"
- "'Well maybe that's why everyone's mad at these guys, 'cause they're not gonna tell us.' 'Well they might we just won't be able to hear it.'"

Dudeio

Wat.
Feb 8, 2009
There is a tunnel that's larger, in norway theres a tunnel thats over 11km long. It has great ventilation and has crystal domes inside of it, otherwise it takes bout an hour to drive

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Good lord could he reload any slower?

guardian001 said:
And Here I thought Yahtzee was exaggerating about the shotgun. Excellent video, keep up the good work.
Same here.

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
This is the first game that you guys have done that i've played/enjoyed, and I was still luaghing about how bad the opening cutscene was.

"Ah, now he's 'Riding Shotgun.' that's where we get the phrase."
Brilliant.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
"That was the first time I died... to see other times I died please flip tape over to side B."

BTW Yahtzee was right on the mark about the shotgun, I have played it to and it wasn't making the interactive opening sequence, well... interactive.

illiterate

Sep 10, 2008
somehow the "chunnel" jokes got me more than anything else.

I am, however, SHOCKED that they did not suggest this was a trip through a "series of tubes"

Nikajo

Feb 6, 2009
Enjoyed that, good stuff!

Luckily the shot gun doesn't take that long to reload in the actual game! It did strike me as somewhat retarded when I first played it, bearing in mind it's a high speed car chase and he doesn't seem in any hurry what so ever to get his gun firing. It's almost like he know's hes going to die anyway! - "Oh what's the point?"

snuffler

Jun 4, 2008
haha this was really good. Excellent series I must add, I've throughly enjoyed it thus far. The games you guys pick for review always compliment your style so well!