Unskippable: The Darkness

tmo99

Feb 6, 2009
how many bullets did he put into the shotgun?? I thought the maximum should at least be 12. I looks like he loaded 30.

clauwman

Jan 31, 2009
OK, somebody has to agree with me on this one:

Cutscenes for today's FPS shooters remind me distinctively of those Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure motion simulator rides...

Oh and if someone who works for Universal is listening... DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Jesus Christ, I think I can reload faster with one hand behind my back, holding the gun between my knees -.-

J.E.T.

Mar 9, 2009
"To enjoy other times I've died, please turn to side B"
"...still reloading. Good." "God here fire your' shotgun" [bang] "That didnt help!" "Yours is not to ask why." ROFL you guys are great! unskippable and zero punctuation are my favorite shows on the escapist :)

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
tmo99 said:
how many bullets did he put into the shotgun?? I thought the maximum should at least be 12. I looks like he loaded 30.
Actually it looks like in his arbitrary quest to become "Slowest reloader of all time" he loaded about 5.

Keela

Aug 16, 2008
Mariena said:
Wow, that was.. a really, really long tunnel.

If the cutscene was anything to go by, the game itself must be horrible! =P
This game actually has my favorite story in any game so far. It has a few SIKK plot twists and is extremely dark and graphic. And it has some cool guns n moves.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
Speaking of great chemistry on-screen, though you two are off-screen, you're both great. The exchange in dialogue was fantastic in this episode. I especially liked the liberty city reference at the exact moment I was thinking it. This series is really growing on me.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Awful cutscene, how can they survive loads of frontal collisions and not survive the head smashed by a truck?! wossies!!! Great job guys, laughed my ass out!

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
This is pretty funny. But most people who've never played the game should, like right now, it can't cost more than $20, I swear I've seen it for like $8. It's an either love it or hate it game but it has so many interesting things about it.

For example the game is packed full of public domain movies and tv shows, in a touching moment you can watch all of "To Kill a Mockingbird" with your character's girfriend if you want. But it makes sense as the games set at night, like 2am in the morning and so tvs are playing these old movies much like in real life.

If you pull the trigger partially on the xbox controller and he raises the hammer of the pistol, you can squeeze off the round or lower it gently. The darkness powers are badass, there's nothing like being this force of chaos shattering lights and pulling mobster into to their deaths.

The setting is really atmospheric and the WW1 mindscape level, woah.