Unskippable: The Guided Fate Paradox, Part 1

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...Okay, now I'm curious to see what happens next. Seriously, I bet only Japan could have a lttery to make someone God...

Favorite moments:
-The meaning of "insanely cute"
-The Doctor Evil quote

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
And of course this isn't on the vita... it's the only Sony thing I own

andersgeek

Jul 6, 2010
The best thing about this video is that it says "Part One". Can't wait for next week [and hopefully the week after].

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
I'm always glad this show exists alone for the fact that I would never see half of these little gems.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
That push was amazing, I wish I could do that! This was quiet and easy overall, but still fun, I like it!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Wow that girl really knows how to ham it up.
Well, to be fair, her line of work involves some showmanship, which should not involve a spiked club.
XMark said:
That escalated quickly.

I'm actually quite interested in the story of this game from seeing this. BRB, googling.
That's what I though too.
Excellent video today, guys! I had to pause and laugh at that "Lonely Island" joke.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
The instant i played this game I had a feeling you guys would be featuring it. XD the story is actually fairly unique, though it's steeped in enough japanese flavoring that if you dislike anime you probably won't like it.

If you're a fan of anime or jrpgs, or even just neutral on them, I can give this one a recommendation, though. It's a solid roguelike adventure, with a unique story and solid length, and even at first release it's only 30 bucks.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Scarim Coral said:
Urgh, I would never played a game that have a very dull protaganist (we get it, you have zero luck at all, no need to go on for minutes about it!) and wait? This is a PS3 game? I mistaken it for a PS2 that the Unskippable sometime do!
Oh, common, by your standards Half-Life also is unplayable
Not to mention April Rayan is a bit dull in first chapter as well
Not always opening treats protagonist well.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
canadamus_prime said:
Wow that girl really knows how to ham it up.
Well, to be fair, her line of work involves some showmanship, which should not involve a spiked club.
Yes, but even by the standards of lottery booth operators/carnies, that was a bit over the top.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
blackrave said:
Scarim Coral said:
Urgh, I would never played a game that have a very dull protaganist (we get it, you have zero luck at all, no need to go on for minutes about it!) and wait? This is a PS3 game? I mistaken it for a PS2 that the Unskippable sometime do!
How so? I've played Half-Life and Gordon Freeman is the typical silent protagonist and I didn't hear him ranting on about how his job suck but the monorail scene was pretty boring, not the character.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Scarim Coral said:
blackrave said:
Scarim Coral said:
How so? I've played Half-Life and Gordon Freeman is the typical silent protagonist and I didn't hear him ranting on about how his job suck but the monorail scene was pretty boring, not the character.
oh, you meant annoying dull, instead of simply dull
Anyway The Longest Journey suffers from same at the beginning- still one of the best games out there
And April is one of my favorite characters.
You can't judge game or protagonist from first few minutes.

P.S. No, of course you can, but it wouldn't be fair.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
hickwarrior said:
You know, this is funny, but where did I hear that voice before? It's driving me nuts!
Jude in Tales of Xillia.

I've said it before, and will likely say it again, but I honestly don't know why you guys bother doing any other games besides these otaku ones. They are just so ripe for comedy gold.

teamcharlie

Jan 22, 2013
Ahh, fun. The anime version of a Shirley Jackson short story. I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that that was the whole game, because the android girl clearly just murdered that guy in extraordinarily brutal fashion.

warmachine

Hating everyone equally
Legacy
Nov 28, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
What? That's the intro to a game? Painfully slow delivery of disjointed dialogue and exposition, if it can be called dialogue and exposition, an oddly excitable girl, ending with an out-of-place claim of supernatural power and of violence. What?

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Well... I wasn't expecting that.

Dammit, now I'm actually curious about this game... not optimistic about its quality mind, just curious.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
i have said "What the fuck" during this episode at least 5 times. really this has to be the weirdest intro you guys ever did..

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
Alexander Kirby said:
"a girl that any healthy boy would have 1 or 2 dreams about"
I'm quite surprised that you guys didn't pick up on this bit... I hope it was just some bad wording on the part of the writers and that they didn't actually mean it like that.
Well, this video did cause me to watch an episode of a lets play... and yeah, the definitely meant it like that. He shortly after says about another girl "those tits are old testament huge!"