Unskippable: The Guided Fate Paradox, Part 2

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
The Guided Fate Paradox, Part 2

Congratulations on becoming God! Try not to let it go to your head.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
If I was that guy, I'd be asking questions like, "Why did you hit me with that club?" and "Why do you keep laughing all evil-like?" Not "How can an angel have a Japanese name?" This guy is really blinded by the boo- I mean, hair.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
I think he should of been less concerned with the angels boobs er hair and more concerned with why she tried to smash his brains out.

wasneeplus

Dec 2, 2009
I think the first thing I would have done is order her to whack herself on the head with that club at least a thousand times and make sure it hurts. After that I might have been more inclined to hear her explanation as to why she drafted me into this against my will.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Wow that is a lot of assigning roles. Heaven sounds like bureaucratic nightmare, which could explain a lot actually.

Also way does the angel keep laughing like a cartoon villain?

Thunderous Cacophony said:
If I was that guy, I'd be asking questions like, "Why did you hit me with that club?" and "Why do you keep laughing all evil-like?" Not "How can an angel have a Japanese name?" This guy is really blinded by the boo- I mean, hair.
What can I say. God saw her... er, hair and it was good :p

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
"Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say 'YES'!"

Who knew the process for becoming a god was so similar to a simple, textbook kidnapping?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I admit calling out the protagonist being racist did make me laugh alot! Knowing that angel has a Japanese names would be the least of my worries.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Would it be a waste of my energy to hope that the plot of this game turns out like the lyrics to Avantasia's "Seven Angels"?

tarnim80

Apr 16, 2011
as entertaining as this intro is it tells you nothing at all about what the actuall game is about. I mean, what do you even do? Also, if that girl has the power to let others become God wouldn't that make her more powerful than God?

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
bdcjacko said:
Who actually plays these games?
Fans of nippon ichi roguelikes/jrpgs. There aren't many of us, but we're a niche. XD

tarnim80 said:
as entertaining as this intro is it tells you nothing at all about what the actuall game is about. I mean, what do you even do? Also, if that girl has the power to let others become God wouldn't that make her more powerful than God?
The story is framed episodically, with the big god machine selecting a prayer for god to grant, and then solving as many dungeons as necessary to grant it. as the game progresses it gradually resolves the more central plot, the war between celestia and the netherworld, and what "god" really is in relation to it.

Not the greatest story ever told, but certainly unique enough to keep one interested through the playthrough.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
tarnim80 said:
No, the Lottery Machine (of Destiny?) made him God...
So there, that explains EVERYTHING! :p

I requested part two of this, and MAN, am I not dissapointed ;)

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
balladbird said:
bdcjacko said:
Who actually plays these games?
Fans of nippon ichi roguelikes/jrpgs. There aren't many of us, but we're a niche. XD

tarnim80 said:
The story is framed episodically, with the big god machine selecting a prayer for god to grant, and then solving as many dungeons as necessary to grant it. as the game progresses it gradually resolves the more central plot, the war between celestia and the netherworld, and what "god" really is in relation to it.

Not the greatest story ever told, but certainly unique enough to keep one interested through the playthrough.
I am negatively judging anyone who plays these games.

ThatDarnCoyote

Dec 3, 2011
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Wow that is a lot of assigning roles. Heaven sounds like bureaucratic nightmare, which could explain a lot actually.
Yeah, and doesn't the fact that someone is "assigning" things imply that someone is more powerful than God?

Theologically, this game is a mess.

Though I can't help but wonder if the plot point "teenage nebbish gets made God, still can't competently flirt with cute girl", isn't the game rather viciously satirizing its own genre.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
bdcjacko said:
I am negatively judging anyone who plays these games.
*shrug* your prerogative, I guess.

ThatDarnCoyote said:
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Yeah, and doesn't the fact that someone is "assigning" things imply that someone is more powerful than God?

Theologically, this game is a mess.

Though I can't help but wonder if the plot point "teenage nebbish gets made God, still can't competently flirt with cute girl", isn't the game rather viciously satirizing its own genre.
nah, the game is aware of its own premise, and addressing why the guy called "God" seems to be the number one lackey of everyone is actually a plot point.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I was so glad for a part 2 because I really wanted to know what was going on... I was clearly foolish in my youth.

The only thing to do is make a part 3