Unskippable: The Last of Us, Part 3

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
The Last of Us, Part 3

Graham and Paul take us further down the rabbit hole that is The Last of Us.

Watch Video

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Didn't think you'd pull it off, but the image of Crash Bandicoot in that scene sealed the deal for me - great work :D Now I need to go and find a way to stop feeling like a prick for giggling while a little girl bled to death...

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
Nope. Valiant effort, but I'm afraid a dying child is too much to overcome for me to even crack a smile.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Anyone else notice how well the whiskey stayed in the glass as she waved her arms around? That's some viscous stuff..

Saidan

Aug 22, 2013
Sorry, but its hard to focus on comedy with Joel's daughter dying over there, the scene is just too damn powerful. And considering this is the only game that managed to make me cry in the very first fifteen minutes, no joke would have worked, at least with me.

Still, very nice job guys, keep it up.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
The kid's death seemed more like character development for the main guy, she wasn't really alive long enough to make any sort of emotional connection. Reminds me of Nameless Kid during the opening of Mass Effect 3.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
008Zulu said:
The kid's death seemed more like character development for the main guy, she wasn't really alive long enough to make any sort of emotional connection. Reminds me of Nameless Kid during the opening of Mass Effect 3.
It is character development for Joel. He has to protect a kid for the rest of the game. It's rather important to keep his daughter's death in mind throughout.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
varmintx said:
It is character development for Joel. He has to protect a kid for the rest of the game. It's rather important to keep his daughter's death in mind throughout.
Protecting another human being shouldn't be done out of guilt laden obligation.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
Graham_LRR said:
Graham and Paul take us further down the rabbit hole that is The Last of Us.
Why aren't Unskippable and Loading Ready Run episodes showing up on the Escapist front page's "latest" banner recently? Do the new Escapist overlords have something against the Loading Reading Run team or something?

(mumbles dubstep bassline while waiting for the drop)

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
008Zulu said:
varmintx said:
I have no idea how that is the conclusion you came to from what I said, but that's not what is going on.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
A death scene in Crash Bandicoot would be super awkward..

Crash would just be smiling down at a dying coco in his arms, then grieve with a little dance and a game of jojo. Oo

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
008Zulu said:
varmintx said:
What should it be done out of?

Camaranth

Feb 4, 2011
Well I kinda feel like a jerk for laughing. Because nothing makes an awkward situation better than giggling.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
The second time I played The Last of Us, that part made me cry a little.

xD But dammit! As soon as Graham said "From the studio that brought to you, Crash Bandicoot!", I couldn't help but laugh.

The rest[sub](at least in THAT part)[/sub] was a little hit and miss [sub]perfect start though ;)[/sub]. Still a great show over all.

Thanks for doing this.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
"This scene with Crash Bandicoot would be awkward, because I don't think he can not smile."

Welp, I can check "laugh like an idiot while a child dies" off of my list of things I've done in my life.

Arakasi said:
008Zulu said:
varmintx said:
What should it be done out of?
Pay laden obligation. Nothing is a better motivator than legal tender.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
008Zulu said:
That's why the very first gameplay is you being Sarah scared and home alone, and watching the situation unfold from the backseat of a car. This gives you that emotional connection. Without it it would've probably been the kid from ME3 all over again, though with much better characterisation.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
varmintx said:
I have no idea how that is the conclusion you came to from what I said, but that's not what is going on.
As you said;

varmintx said:
1- He has to protect a kid for the rest of the game

2- It's rather important to keep his daughter's death in mind throughout