Unskippable: The Witch and the Hundred Knight - Being a Familiar Ain't Easy

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
The Witch and the Hundred Knight - Being a Familiar Ain't Easy

Man, little one-eyed blobs have it rough in the fantasy world.

Watch Video

Waddles

Mar 16, 2010
How were you able to choose a name without the ability to make decisions?!?

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I love this game (if my avatar weren't a giveaway for that), but I recognize it has a lot of flaws. Thus, I don't blame anyone for not enjoying it. Loved the episode, though. "Why is she talking in Wingdings?" was one of my initial thoughts during the intro, too.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
I love this game (if my avatar weren't a giveaway for that), but I recognize it has a lot of flaws. Thus, I don't blame anyone for not enjoying it. Loved the episode, though. "Why is she talking in Wingdings?" was one of my initial thoughts during the intro, too.
I burnt myself out early in the game leveling up weapons. I'll return to it eventually as the story seems intriguing but... well, I'm about at 8-10 hours and just reached chapter 3. Certain games seem to make me compulsive in that manner.

[small]I'm having flashbacks to Drakengard 1 when I leveled up every weapon in the game.[/small]

Poor Forest Witch... may she ever outrun those mice.

Jan 12, 2012
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Since you're the expert, I'd like to ask: Does choosing your name matter? Watching this video, I got the sense that it was like hiring a dominatrix to boss you around- none of your choices matter, you're only the tool of someone else.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Since you're the expert, I'd like to ask: Does choosing your name matter? Watching this video, I got the sense that it was like hiring a dominatrix to boss you around- none of your choices matter, you're only the tool of someone else.
The name you pick shows up on the status screen, but other than that there's no real reason behind it until near the end of the game. Most of the choices you make in the game are simply how you react to different situations and each one changes about one line of dialogue and that's it.

There is one choice in the game that is used to get one of the three endings, but it's made super obvious by how many times the game asks you if you're sure you want to make that choice.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Blue rings are fine, it's the red rings you need to watch for.
http://www.miteredcode.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/redachieve.jpg

Rabbitboy

Apr 11, 2014
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
"Why is she talking in Wingdings?"
I can't know for sure but I assume she is swearing.
Also ??? should be spoken out as triple questionmark.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
An incident? Must've upgraded from a situation. We'd better nip this in the bud before it becomes an occurance or worse...a full blown circumstance. (Bonus points if you know what I'm referencing.)

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Obviously didn't do this on stream, or the character would have been called Dickbutt...

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
On that note, have you seen the get-up of who I assume is the "Witch" of the title? If there's a part 2 to this, I expect Graham & Paul to comment on that.

RazgrizRex

Jul 3, 2014
That was the last time I'm eating while I watching you guys :)
I actually spat tea on my keyboard when Paul mentioned being asked for his quest - awesome episode guys.
Also I would like to request a Part 2 if I may be so bold.

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
And here I thought all this time that was rachel alucard that seems to have gone off the handle. Oh well, the more you learn.

mustango

Jul 6, 2009
GamemasterAnthony said:
An incident? Must've upgraded from a situation. We'd better nip this in the bud before it becomes an occurance or worse...a full blown circumstance. (Bonus points if you know what I'm referencing.)
I seem to recall Harry Anderson saying that on Night Court.