Unskippable: The Witcher 2, Part One

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
The Witcher 2, Part One

Since leaving the PS2 in the past where it belongs, Paul and Graham enter this century.

Watch Video

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I'm looking forward to your reaction to the next episode where I'm guessing you'll get to the part where Triss is wearing nothing. :p

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Oooh. I can't even watch this. The game is still on my "to play" stack.

Jack_in_theGreen

Apr 20, 2012
I guess it's really difficult to make a joke worth a damn, when the trailer is so AWESOME...

Nice try, though. :) The joke about the D&D wizards was cool. :p

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
Those guards were terrible! They couldn't even catch a cold!
I...think you win.

But anyway, did anyone else think that the assassin looked like Heavy from Team Fortress 2? I just couldn't shake that thought off my head.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
So now that PS2 month is over, I'm thinking... at some point, these guys should do Okami. I started it up again a few days ago, the opening is something like 15 minutes long and completely unskippable.

:D

As for this, yeah, those defenders really didn't do their job that well. Shocking, because he really doesn't seem like he'd be a tough target to hit.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
So this game is considered "dark fantasy" because its dwarves and elves live in ghettos? It was the middle ages. EVERYONE lived in ghettos. You were considered high society if you didn't need to use a steady supply of fresh dung as caulk.

llafnwod

Nov 9, 2007
SnakeoilSage said:
So this game is considered "dark fantasy" because its dwarves and elves live in ghettos? It was the middle ages. EVERYONE lived in ghettos. You were considered high society if you didn't need to use a steady supply of fresh dung as caulk.
Ghetto as in "segregated, closed-off, guarded section of the city", not "poor neighborhood".
Mr.Tea said:
Graham_LRR said:
It's good to be back to new games, so we can see how modern technology helps games to suck in new and exciting ways.
If only you hadn't said that while featuring a genuinely good game...
Don't start. Unskippable stays out of politics.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
See, that was both a funny episode and an awesome cutscene. The game is horrible, but the cutscene is cool!

Ahhh mondays. LRR is the only reason I like them.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Yeah that singing in the beginning of the actual game was really annoying. It really gets into your ears... urgh.

Bors Mistral

Mar 27, 2009
Bloody awesome game, this almost make me wish to replay it for a 3rd time... if only XCOM wan't coming out in about a month.

Yeah, how about you guys pair in one episode the intro of the original XCOM and that of the new one when it comes out?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
That seemed like an extremely elaborate method of assassinating a king. Should've hired one of those Assassin's Creed dudes instead.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
As for this, yeah, those defenders really didn't do their job that well. Shocking, because he really doesn't seem like he'd be a tough target to hit.
Yeah its funny in game when some Elf guy you talk to is like "Letho was so fast we didn't know what was going down!" and when you face him he is this giant pile of meat who lumbers around spamming cheap spells and swinging his sword REALLY slowly. Its very silly.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Mr Companion said:
shrekfan246 said:
Yeah its funny in game when some Elf guy you talk to is like "Letho was so fast we didn't know what was going down!" and when you face him he is this giant pile of meat who lumbers around spamming cheap spells and swinging his sword REALLY slowly. Its very silly.
Oh jeez, don't remind me of how cheap his spells are. Bastard killed me something like ten times because he kept stunlocking me until I managed to get a decent enough strategy of dodging, Quen-ing, and taking quick pot shots.

Shizzlick

Mar 2, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
Mr Companion said:
shrekfan246 said:
Oh jeez, don't remind me of how cheap his spells are. Bastard killed me something like ten times because he kept stunlocking me until I managed to get a decent enough strategy of dodging, Quen-ing, and taking quick pot shots.
I think I eventually beat him by running away and throwing bombs at him (I had a lot of them) after he killed me in melee so many damn times.

Illessa

Mar 1, 2010
Does this cutscene happen on starting the game up or something? I don't remember it at *all* and I'm not the usually the type to skip em...