Unskippable: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Darkest Dark

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Darkest Dark

The situation is dire in the darkest dark.

Watch Video

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Is this a crossover game or something since it feature both the Bay version of the Autobots and the Aligned/ game version of the Descepticon???

Suisanahta

Apr 3, 2010
Am I the only person having that general Escapist video ad loop? By which I mean the ad ("that would make such a sweet waterslide, ... ") plays, then either starts again after a brief pause, or alternates with another ad. No actual content that I came here for.

I even resorted to firing up IE (11 on Win7) and it still did it! Usually I'm using Google Chrome with ScriptBlock, AdBlock and Ghostery BUT I've whitelisted the site completely in all three!

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Is this a crossover game or something since it feature both the Bay version of the Autobots and the Aligned/ game version of the Descepticon???
Yes, as far as I know. It was an attempt to tie in the successful video game continuity to the movie franchise (which was a surprise seeing as the games were previously tied to the G1 cartoon continuity), similar to how the Force Unleashed tried to tie the prequels to the classic Star Wars trilogy. Also worth noting is that no one wanted either of these things to be connected in the first place. :p

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
Scarim Coral said:
It is, basically the War/fall cybertron games are what happens before arriving on Earth with the on Cybertron parts of this being set as a playable flashback..

Mazinger-Z

Aug 3, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
It got mangled. It takes from Transformers War/Fall of Cybertron storyline (and I've had this debate with other TransFans) and the movie storyline which are highly similar to the Transformers origins (Aligned continuity versus the Bay universe).

This is largely because it's supposed to be a sequel to the War/Fall of Cybertron games, but it's also supposed to stump for the new Age of Extinction film when it came out.

If you go back to the origins of the war, the Bayverse and Aligned universe are very different, with different origins even for Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Garfy

Nov 6, 2009
Dark Spark.
Dark Spark.
Dogs Bark.
Dogs Park.
Dargs Barg.
Dagobah.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Mazinger-Z said:
If you go back to the origins of the war, the Bayverse and Aligned universe are very different, with different origins even for Optimus Prime and Megatron.
Bay's first, and only, concern was how big he could make the explosions.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Mazinger-Z said:
Scarim Coral said:
It got mangled. It takes from Transformers War/Fall of Cybertron storyline (and I've had this debate with other TransFans) and the movie storyline which are highly similar to the Transformers origins (Aligned continuity versus the Bay universe).

This is largely because it's supposed to be a sequel to the War/Fall of Cybertron games, but it's also supposed to stump for the new Age of Extinction film when it came out.

Kind of further muddled by how much the cast of Transformers Prime looked like the movie versions.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
So they took that episode where the Quintessons tricked Megatron into thinking there was a Decepticon matrix of leadership... and made that a thing.

Awesome....

Also, Soundwave was never a walkman, he was a boombox.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Hasbro, Activision, Hasbro, Activision...

I think the better question is which one is the good one?

Fall of Cybertron still goes for $60 USD on Steam. Oh, pardon me, it looks like they finally brought it plummeting down to $49.99.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
"This, is our purplest hour."

Jesus Christ this game looks dumb, but it's probably better than the film.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I'm guessing The Dark Spark helps unite The Tesseract and The Aether and The Other Marvel Geometry Shapes which power The Infinity Gauntlet which unlocks Kingdom Hearts and gets The Continuum Transfunctioner started so you can piece The Triforce and garner The Allspark needed for The Matrix of Leadership.

Jan 12, 2012
Draconalis said:
Also, Soundwave was never a walkman, he was a boombox.
I was thinking the same thing. A Walkman would just be ridiculous, Graham.

Also, congratulations to Earth for getting a satellite out as far as the moon, 1,000 times farther than our current satellites. The Hubble 2.0 must have taken some really clear pictures before it got smashed.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
See, if they simply made a game based off of More than Meets the Eye, everyone would be happy!

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
It pisses me off that High Moon Studios go the axe despite how awesome their Transformers games were, then we get this piece of crap...

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
The Matrix of Ignorance was always there. But due to its power, everyone was forced to ignore it until now.

(Insert annoyed observation that they're using the bizarre movie models instead of War for Cybertron or Transformers Prime here)

Mazinger-Z

Aug 3, 2011
WhiteFangofWar said:
The Matrix of Ignorance was always there. But due to its power, everyone was forced to ignore it until now.

(Insert annoyed observation that they're using the bizarre movie models instead of War for Cybertron or Transformers Prime here)
As I said, the game was used to stump for the movie. Hence why you start playing as Drift.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Several years ago Skyrim was released... At that time we had an epidemic of threads on this site of threads all based around how 'Skyriim haz da worstest graffics evvverrrr...!1!!!!1!'

I would ove to bring those people back now, to look at this cut scene, and tell me that it still does...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
You did War for cybertron, then Rise of the dark spark?

Come on guys Fall of Cybertron is the best in the series and u picked the worse one?!