Unskippable: Unskippable 100: A Guide to Cinematics

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Unskippable 100: A Guide to Cinematics

Graham and Paul use the knowledge they've gained from Unskippable for "good".

Watch Video

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Hah, brilliant =p. One of my favorite ever Unskippables, no doubt.

EDIT: mein gott... First post... I feel like I was maybe a bit too bored to watch the movie in the very second it launched >>.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Hey, it's good as long as some humour can be gleaned from it.. I think. That was a great video though. :)

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Hah.
I like the idea, but...
Doesn't this just mean you'll have to make even more Unskippable?
Again.
And again.
On those dreadful JRPG's.
The ones where you'd rather be outside having... *shudder* a life, for once.
Mmhmm.

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
Casting ex Power Ranger Johnny Yong Bosch appears to make for an excellent opening cinematic.

TheSkaAssassin

Oct 12, 2009
Wow, I remember when this series first came out. Congrats on making it to 100 episodes.
Here's to the next hundred.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Happy 100th episode!
Hm... maybe I could have a crow fall from a giant moon in first-person into not-europe while asking obvious questions. I think I've made the perfect cutscene! Thanks, Unskippable!

Spolin

Nov 22, 2010
It's weird, I just recently decided to re-watch all the old Unskippables, so I could place all of the shots.

Jakale

Feb 16, 2010
Zoids was a really boring cutscene/history textbook.

I'm surprised you didn't mention having characters falling long distances, unless that Eternal \Sonata bit counted.

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
I'll keep these tips in mind when I'm creating a cutscene, which will unfortunatley most likely be never.

Aphroditty

Nov 25, 2009
A great compilation of cutscene trends, thank goodness we can look forward to seeing them going into the future! It would have been a horrific tragedy if cutscene directors had thought that these overwrought or under-produced scenes were flawed, but fortunately we are assured of seeing them throughout all ages.

Most importantly, congratulations on your 100th episode! I've seen every single one. More than once (except for this current one). It's consistently one of the most humorous series on the Escapist, and even compares well with luminaries like MST3K. I don't say that last thing very often, let me tell you. Again, congrats, and further good fortune to Graham and Paul!

A shout-out to my top three personal favorite Unskippables over the past 100 episodes:

Onimusha
Chronicles of Valkyria
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

My favorite moment from Unskippable?
The two that most stick out in my mind are...
"Wait, where did I leave the moon...?"
and
"Ooooh, scary peacock!"

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
my god!
i am very unobservant!

how bad is it to say i never noticed half of them.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
And remember, you don't want all that pesky gameplay getting in the way. Your game should be at least 50% cutscenes. Just look at games like Metal Gear Solid.