Unskippable: Unskippable 100: A Guide to Cinematics

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Very nice. Love the tongue-in-cheek humor of the whole thing.

Anyway congrats on you're 100th episode. I think I'll go back and watch a few of my favorites.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Jakale said:
Zoids was a really boring cutscene/history textbook.

I'm surprised you didn't mention having characters falling long distances, unless that Eternal \Sonata bit counted.
What do you mean they didn't mention? There were a few clips after the bit from Eternal Sonata showing characters falling down a long distance.

OT: Loved this episode. And I always love seeing Russel. :3

SFR

Mar 26, 2009
We're all thinking it, so I'm just gonna go ahead and say it:

crows are one of the smartest animals on the planet.

You're welcome.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
Another great video.

As far as crows are concerned, at least in Japanese games, the sheer number of them in Tokyo might have something to do with it. Seriously, they're everywhere in that city and they're huge.

Also, Zoids Assault was definitely a really, REALLY bad cutscene. You definitely made the correct choice about that.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Loved it. I like referential humor, and this is a nice look back at all the horrible games you've watched cinematics for. Well done.

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
Very funny, guys, but pointing out what people are doing WRONG doesn't necessarily help them learn what to do RIGHT. I was hoping for some actual tips, because I (and most game developers apparently) don't know much about cinematics. Of course, you could always save that for episode 200 :D

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
GeorgW said:
Nice one, very funny, but learn the difference between crows and ravens.
That defeats the point of the "Russell Crowe" joke! You silly man..

Coltaculuss

Nov 21, 2010
I still can't see the problem with overly dramatic narration. I like it! Overacting is better then underacting.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
"Wait a minute, where did I leave the moon?"

If you ever run out of material, just do a marathon of the cutscenes in Dirge of Cerberus.
I've played that game, and it has some of the absolute most insanely stupid shit ever put into a AAA franchise.

And I mean that in a bad way; great for riffing, but boy will you be pissed if you actually enjoyed FF7, and confused if you never played it.

Feb 18, 2009
Congratulations on your 100th episode! May there be a hundred more episodes still to come.

...Another hundred woefully bad and dreadfully dull cutscenes to sit through. Godspeed.

WeirdBlueOne

Nov 19, 2009
Very funny. If I ever decide to make a parody cutscene of anything, I'm coming back here.
Is it bad that when you started talking about crows my first thought was "Kroze?" ?
If you replace crows with Kroze, it still works for most of that bit.

Naturality

Feb 23, 2010
Top notch, fellows! One of the best Unskippables thus far, I must say.

Does Paul have a cold?