Unskippable: Unskippable 100: A Guide to Cinematics

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Oh my God. All the cutscenes are the same cutscene.

I support the huge moon actually. Real moon ain't up to snuff.

hypermage

Feb 13, 2010
Top banana retrospective. Here's to another hundred episodes and another two years of Unskippable. May videogame developers continue to make cinematics without first referring to this guide.

GoodEyeSniper

Sep 9, 2008
GeorgW said:
Nice one, very funny, but learn the difference between crows and ravens.
There is no difference. Crow is a term that refers to the genus "Corvus", while Raven is a term that refers to the species "Corvus corax" i.e. All ravens are crows, but not all crows are ravens.

Oh, and congratulotions on the 100th, Grampulina!

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
This video reminds me, how many "times I died" are we up to now? I haven't heard that one reset in a while and I've lost count.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
Unskippable 100: A Guide to Cinematics

Graham and Paul use the knowledge they've gained from Unskippable for "good".

Watch Video
The Unskipabble Humour has gone into another level !

ps: got the joke?

ps ps: i loved all the parts, and the whole video is great i don't know what to choose, my head will burst because of great criticism !

Ap0ca1ypse

Jun 12, 2010
Aphroditty said:
A great compilation of cutscene trends, thank goodness we can look forward to seeing them going into the future! It would have been a horrific tragedy if cutscene directors had thought that these overwrought or under-produced scenes were flawed, but fortunately we are assured of seeing them throughout all ages.

Most importantly, congratulations on your 100th episode! I've seen every single one. More than once (except for this current one). It's consistently one of the most humorous series on the Escapist, and even compares well with luminaries like MST3K. I don't say that last thing very often, let me tell you. Again, congrats, and further good fortune to Graham and Paul!

A shout-out to my top three personal favorite Unskippables over the past 100 episodes:

Onimusha
Chronicles of Valkyria
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

My favorite moment from Unskippable?
The two that most stick out in my mind are...
"Wait, where did I leave the moon...?"
and
"Ooooh, scary peacock!"
If I had to pick favorites I liked ONimusha and Last Remnant, but honestly when I'm by myself I will think something is funny but not laugh out loud. One Unskippable that definitely made me laugh and thusly I rank my favorite: Eternal Sonata. Not as much the narrator part, but when the girl is walking with her mom. 2 of my favorite lines: "No questions. Mummy's drunk." (or somethin like that) and "Can puddles make waves too." "No. that's stupid. God your dumb." (I just love Graham's tone there)

OT: Guys! You forgot to mention one thing! Always show awesome fight scenes that make the player wish they could play it. Examples: Onimusha 3, Lost Odyssey, and Devil May Cry 4.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
SandroTheMaster said:
Wait a minute...

I don't remember you ever doing Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

Explain yourselves!
Don't worry, they did:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/968-Dark-Messiah

Aphroditty

Nov 25, 2009
Ap0ca1ypse said:
If I had to pick favorites I liked ONimusha and Last Remnant, but honestly when I'm by myself I will think something is funny but not laugh out loud. One Unskippable that definitely made me laugh and thusly I rank my favorite: Eternal Sonata. Not as much the narrator part, but when the girl is walking with her mom. 2 of my favorite lines: "No questions. Mummy's drunk." (or somethin like that) and "Can puddles make waves too." "No. that's stupid. God your dumb." (I just love Graham's tone there)

OT: Guys! You forgot to mention one thing! Always show awesome fight scenes that make the player wish they could play it. Examples: Onimusha 3, Lost Odyssey, and Devil May Cry 4.
I'm just the opposite, I tend to laugh loudly alone but be more reserved around others--but then, I laugh pretty easily.

However, both quotes you mentioned really were absolute gold. Graham really nailed the comedic voice in those, just pegged it.

And, of course, awesome fight scenes that show how great this game would be, if there were game any game underneath the cinematics, are a must for any mad cutscene director!

werty101

Nov 19, 2009
These two game intros would be perfect for Unskippable episodes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEaISOVZj9s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBhhhWDcrSo

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
I agree that made up dates are stupid if you don't give players a point of reference, but what if you have your intro explain all the stuff that's happened, for example the great cataclysm that prompted your character to go out and save the world, and you base your made up calendar on that?
At least then the player will have some point of reference to where people are at time wise. Most of them probably won't care, but I'm pretty sure there are people out there who do.

Funny episode though, really did make me laugh.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
100 episodes! Way to go guys! They've all been stellar and hilarious! Without Unskippable, I probably would have never watched Loading Ready Run. Lets hope to have 100 more!