Unskippable: Viking

Tactician42

Jul 27, 2009
Something is wrong. This is the only episode of Unskippable that hasn't made me laugh atleast once.........

El Gostro

Aug 25, 2009
My main grudge with this game when I first saw the cover art the fact that the main character did not have a massive beard nor cool messy and/or long braided hair and yet,the game was called "Viking"
"VIKING"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now after seeing the intro,the guy gets chosen by Freya godess of love and sexuality among other stuff,no Thor,Odin,Balder or any other fighting/war inclined deity.

It's like getting into the UFC being backed by Discovery kids and having decals of Barney in your shorts...

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Patroclus said:
then I realized the game was intended to be that way, and, well, it's just hard to take a game seriously when the narrator is trying to sound all "epic"
No no, that's just how BRIAN BLESSED talks.
And it is awesome.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
The Infamous Scamola said:
What?! How dare you insinuate that the great Brian Blessed is trying to imitate Ian McKellen.

I bite mine thumb at ye, sirs.
I KNOW. I'm not even done watching yet. I've paused it at that comment to check here if anyone else spotted that atrocity!

Poor show, gents

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
"Hadouken!!"

Made me laugh, good going.

Now for the really important part! YAY, they mentioned Norway! Woohooo!

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
Damn it thanks to you guys i now have to add a rare norwegian elephant to things i want but cant have.
And i know its been said already many times but BRIAN BLESSED DOES NOT IMITATE ANYONE
(sorry for the caps but for the last part there i think i was channeling his voice)

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Just like to point out the narrator isn't trying to be Ian Mackellin, he's Brian Blessed a true Brit who just happens to sound like that.

Apr 17, 2009
What the Hel (keeping with the theme) guys! How could you not recognise Brian Blessed! He's a legend in his own right, the loudest man on the planet who climbs Everest for fun!

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
That Prince of Persia reference about the fertile ground is arguably the best thing I have ever heard on this series...just thought I'd mention that.

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
"No no, it's Hel with one L. H E single hockey stick." I haven't heard that expression in years. Well, the more well-known "double hockey stick" one, but still.

Nice work with what you had, considering half of this opening wasn't really all that animated. I wonder if they really did run out of money for it or something.

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
Some funny stuff here. I particularly liked the (new) Prince of Persia reference, the "profound sense of indifference" and the "line? Line? Etc." bit at the end.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
I originally thought that Patrick Stewart was narrating this. Then about midway through I thought it was Ian McKellan. Then I finally guessed it was BRIAN FUCKMOTHERING BLESSED and I facepalmed.

Shows how well I can pick out a famous British voice. =p

BBQ Platypus

Sep 23, 2008
Loop Stricken said:
What?! How dare you insinuate that the great Brian Blessed is trying to imitate Ian McKellen.

BRIAN BLESSED!!
There is no text LARGE ENOUGH or BOLD ENOUGH to properly convey the LOUDNESS with which BRIAN BLESSED'S NAME MUST BE SPOKEN!!!

kmg90

Jan 21, 2009
ObnoxiousPotatoe said:
You guys sound different. Did you get new hardware?
I had to check my sounds settings to see if any effects were enabled because they did sound different

Sounds like they changed their setup

Apone

Jan 13, 2008

Indeed! How can they not recognise the awesome voice of Brian Blessed!

"Hawkmen Dive!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTHypbLlkE

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I liked the reference to "I'm on a boat", but it would've been better if you had actually sung.
"Step 1: Take off your pants"
"Why is that always step 1?"
Also, Haudouken FTW