Unskippable: Viking

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
GrahamS said:
You know what? If I ever meet Brian Blessed, I'll apologize to him, all right?
Sorry, forgot to say how awesome this episode was. And that not being from England you might not instantly know who BB was.

He's like a mad funny uncle to everyone over here. You all know him, and he makes you laugh and slightly uncomfortable at the same time.

AwesomeNinjaPowers

May 31, 2009
I swear that's Brian Blessed :)P) doing the voice over at he beginning under Graham and Paul's gigglegasmic snippits.

Also I think the developers forgot to animate the characters face >D that or early Botox was not a success.

That and nobody made one nice buns joke. I'm so dissapointed :( ;)

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
Jesus Christ. It's incredible how much crap you guys throw at people for either not knowing who Brian Blessed or Stephen Fry is.

Edit: Not that I'm defending Graham and Paul, I'm just annoyed that the comments for this one somehow became four pages consisting of little else than people shouting BRIAN BLESSED, and either acting offended or genuinely being offended at a joke.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
SultanP said:
I'm just annoyed that the comments for this one somehow became four pages consisting of little else than people shouting BRIAN BLESSED, and either acting offended or genuinely being offended at a joke.
That's why I was getting so snippy earlier in the thread.
I know you weren't defending us, but thanks all the same for saying what I was also thinking.

To them, I put forward the argument that regardless of who the narrator is (and how rad that person may be), he still sounds like Ian McKellan during that section of voiceover.

And furthermore, Brian Blessed is known for (as has been made abundantly clear in this thread) his Booming Voice of the Ages[TM], which, and I can't stress this enough, he is not using while narrating this scene.
So... why are you all so offended again?

BloodyOne

Mar 23, 2009
The first gag kept me laughing enough for the entire video, not to mention all the others.

YourAverageJoe

May 21, 2009
You know, I can easily excuse not joking about Brian Blessed, but why the fuck is it always the forces of Hel? Seriously, they're a neutral party in the whole Æsir/Vanir/Jötnar political mess.

EricKINGS

May 22, 2009
Kuliani said:
"Apparently we're on a boat."
"Don't you ever forget."

El Oh El :)
Classic.

ThrashJazzAssassin

Jan 5, 2010
YourAverageJoe said:
You know, I can easily excuse not joking about Brian Blessed, but why the fuck is it always the forces of Hel? Seriously, they're a neutral party in the whole Æsir/Vanir/Jötnar political mess.
Same reason that it's always Nazis [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/6972-Extra-Punctuation-On-Nazis]: it's easier than researching and explaining mythology that's less well-known, or coming up with brand new ideas. Game developers have a tendency to give the bad guys, their organisations and their countries obviously evil names, even if it doesn't make sense in the context of the game. In this case they probably just said "Clearly, the bad guys have to come from Hel; that's why it's called Hel, right?" and ignored the actual mythology.

I was wondering; what's the line about "meeting them at the ??? gates, where their numbers would mean nothing" a reference to?

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
Nerf Ninja said:
The Infamous Scamola said:
What?! How dare you insinuate that the great Brian Blessed is trying to imitate Ian McKellen.

I bite mine thumb at ye, sirs.
I was just about to say that exact thing! apart from the thumb biting bit, that's just weird.
Add me to that, I'm very near speechless (not the thumb biting though)
Edit - people may be miffed cos Brian Blessed is 15 kinds of 'more awesome', than Ian McKellan ;-) and one of England's most beloved actors.
I guess it would be like saying that Elvis Presley was impersonating Cliff Richards :p
Just an educated guess there of course.

mekashiyu

Oct 20, 2010
First time I watched this was before I'd played Prince of Persia. Having since played it and now re-watching this video, the "she just cleansed the fertile ground" quip sent me reeling. Awesome. XD