Unskippable: White Knight Chronicles II, Part 1

Mar 7, 2012
Scarim Coral said:
Allthingsspectacular said:
Scarim Coral said:
That bit with the knight looked like as he was asleep was nicely timed in place.

EDIT- Wait a minute, you're using that mech from RF Online for the video image frontpage!
I noticed that too.

Piece of **** MMO, but I miss the hell out of it sometimes :(
Actually it is still online as a free to play game (hosted by the developer themselves).
When I say that I miss the hell out of it, I really mean I miss what it used to be.

CCR truly is a clueless company that has no clue what they're doing. I did try the CCR hosted version and, surprise surprise, its design flaws got even worse. The community is completely different than what I left it, which was the primary reason for me playing it hours on end and it has many more glaring design flaws. All which their moves seem desperate to get players into the game. And it isn't working.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
That bit with the knight looked like as he was asleep was nicely timed in place.

EDIT- Wait a minute, you're using that mech from RF Online for the video image frontpage!
i noticed that too to totaly throw me

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
MonkeyPunch said:
Highlights of this good episode are all in the first couple of minutes.

"Pass the archduchy to the left hand side"

"Message for you, sir" (excellent accent too :)

"Dear Mythbusters..."

"Free Willy!"

Those all made me laugh.
Yeah, best lines of the video! Weird how both ominous looking towers & all the soldiers look alike, or is that just lazy design?

Bujiraso

Feb 12, 2011
Did anyone else notice that the men who were likely the bad guys have what sound like Russian accents?
I don't know anything about this game, but I'm guessing that none of this has to do with ... um... reality. Or at minimum, 20th century Russia/USSR.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
This Unskippable is officially excellent.
Bujiraso said:
Did anyone else notice that the men who were likely the bad guys have what sound like Russian accents?
I don't know anything about this game, but I'm guessing that none of this has to do with ... um... reality. Or at minimum, 20th century Russia/USSR.
They had what sounds like when movies try for a generic East-European accent. Thanks to decades of Cold-War propaganda, it's an easy way to make someone sound evil. A more modern approach would have been to give them middle-eastern accents.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
When I say that I miss the hell out of it, I really mean I miss what it used to be.

CCR truly is a clueless company that has no clue what they're doing. I did try the CCR hosted version and, surprise surprise, its design flaws got even worse. The community is completely different than what I left it, which was the primary reason for me playing it hours on end and it has many more glaring design flaws. All which their moves seem desperate to get players into the game. And it isn't working.
It's a total shit fest, ever since the level elven updates came into the game. Retail used to be fun when there was only Elan, BM, Cartella and VC for high level pvp.
This elven crap is garb.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
RE: The RF Online mech in the main page picture:

Not my department, but I've passed the info along.
Thanks!

Zyxzy

Apr 16, 2009
It's so considerate of the game to be upfront with how uninspired it's going to be.

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Seems both those guys hired the same architect.
Tamrin said:
The accent is soo strong when the guy says "General" it sounds very much like he is saying "Genital?.
So I wasn't the only one who thought he said "Genital." Whew...
Thank the gods I wasn't the only one to hear that...

Great one this week, guys, and thankfully, someone's already pointed out some of my favourite moments:
(Why yes, I am lazy.)

MonkeyPunch said:
Highlights of this good episode are all in the first couple of minutes.

"Pass the archduchy to the left hand side"

"Message for you, sir" (excellent accent too :)

"Dear Mythbusters..."

"Free Willy!"

Those all made me laugh.
(Every day with a Monty Python-reference is a slightly better day.)

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zyxzy said:
It's so considerate of the game to be upfront with how uninspired it's going to be.
That's an understatement. The first game looked more promising than this, and it didn't look all that promising.

Xpheyel

Sep 10, 2007
I don't know but I've been told,
We wear tights and knees of gold,
All up in our shirts of orange,
Heard that... Wait, uh...
*Entire column grinds to a confused halt.*

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Xpheyel said:
I don't know but I've been told,
We wear tights and knees of gold,
All up in our shirts of orange,
Heard that... Wait, uh...
*Entire column grinds to a confused halt.*
All up in our shirts of orange
We won't be stopped by a magic door hinge.

Which might sound ridiculous to a modern person, but in those times aristocrats commonly enchanted their doors to prevent break-in.

Mar 7, 2012
Lyri said:

It's a total shit fest, ever since the level elven updates came into the game. Retail used to be fun when there was only Elan, BM, Cartella and VC for high level pvp.
This elven crap is garb.
What was your name back then?

I was San and I came from Fire server and moved onto Novus when the servers merged. I was a fairly prominent part of the community. And by that I mean I was a running joke. :p

I might recognize you.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Definitely one of the better ones! And mythbusters should get right on that, it'd make for an amusing episode.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
What was your name back then?

I was San and I came from Fire server and moved onto Novus when the servers merged. I was a fairly prominent part of the community. And by that I mean I was a running joke. :p

I might recognize you.
You won't know of me in that case, I was on Lumen.

I was only ever prominent on a private server called EpicRF, if you were ever on there then you would probably know me.

ManiacEskimo

Mar 31, 2009
This video was very confusing (aside from the hilarious commentary by Paul and Graham) but I am confused as to why this is on the PS3 when it looks like a Wii game.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Hey dude, protip: if some dude saves you from a stabbing by throwing a spear from another zip code a the dude trying to stab you, it's common courtesy to try to at least get the fuck out of his horse's way.

Captcha: I like humans. I'm on to you, captcha!