Unskippable: White Knight Chronicles II, Part 2

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
You know who else proclaims themselves to be good guys: the bad guys.

Although in this case you can tell they're not wearing the same armor as ummm... whoever is fighting in the war....

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Since you guys are apparently on Reddit now, Graham, be sure to subscribe to r/Offbeat, it's basically a bounty of Feed Dump fodder.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The Gentleman said:
You'd think the tech for missiles would be easier than the tech for a giant flying ship with bird wings...
Hell, you'd think the tech for gunpowder weapons would be easier then rocket powered Orithropers. Considering in our world, gunpowder weapons have existed for a good 400 years now and we still don't have rocket powered orithropers.

Trombone_Hero

Apr 16, 2009
Love that you guys still reference Homestar Runner. How I miss it so. Great vid guys, keep up the awesome work.

No Probalo!

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
uh... this was a perdy good videro slamwich this week, jessica.

P.S. Thanks

Zyxzy

Apr 16, 2009
Poorly voice-acted infodumps enlivened by tedious action. Truly one for the books.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Hmm, they have a bird shaped plane, it stands to reason they could have a bird shaped car and maybe robot dogs? He IS the Blue Falcon!

Also, STAR TREK DOORBELL!

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Am I the only one who thought that the bird-ship rising out of the canyon was a lost opportunity to say:

"Every man there go back inside, or we will blow a new crater in this little moon."

... yeah, I probably am. Still... great episode, guys!

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Color me entertained, this and Part 1 got me chuckling as back in the good ol' days of Unskippable. Guess you guys got out of your melancholy. Keep it up!
DVS BSTrD said:
I think every horse should have a dramatic entrance in their contract.
GOOD GUYS ASSEMBLE!
..and then get shot in the ass.

Keith Fraser

Mar 12, 2012
"Are you guys gonna keep eye-humping or are you gonna get a room and do something about it?" = best line. Leonard and the Princess' (or Queen's) lingering gaze there *was* rather noticeable, possibly because it contained more sexual tension than about 90% of all other JRPGs (from what I know of them).

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
TheSchaef said:
Am I the only one who thought that the bird-ship rising out of the canyon was a lost opportunity to say:

"Every man there go back inside, or we will blow a new crater in this little moon."
That was my first thought as well. And I'm certain this was intentional on the part of the devs.

Dalisclock said:
I both have no urge to play this game and love the Marx Bros reference....which almost nobody will notice.
You can come along to our weekly Marx Brothers Appreciation Meetings. The password is "Swordfish".

canadamus_prime said:
So my character is random dude on the left? Damn, that's like playing as a random Stormtrooper in Star Wars.
Yes, the player character is a random dude who never says anything or does anything to advance the plot. He/she just stands in the background, staring creepily past the camera and sometimes making a face to show reaction.

Then again, the characters in the game are generally poorly defined from a gameplay perspective. They have access to the same skills/abilities, they often don't even have any starting ones to define their initial specialty, and they can all wear the same armour (and you usually buy the best available at each town, so they DO wear the same). So the way the game feels is like controlling a team of interchangeable robots ferrying some heads around so they can engage in infodumpy dialogue at predetermined places.

(that's based on the first game, as I haven't played the sequel)