Unskippable: X-Men: Destiny

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
X-Men: Destiny

Warning: Playable characters do not contain actual X-Men?

Watch Video

Voltano

Dec 11, 2008
Good episode. But Graham, for the record: The protagonist's name in "Soul Reaver" is Raziel--the "R" is not silent. :p

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Your character options:

-Tiny Japanese girl
-Douche
-Super Douche

Why do they even have character selection at all?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
Warning: Playable characters do not contain actual X-Men?
They don't? Awww, what a rip. How do they get away with calling this an X-Men game when you don't get to play as any actual X-Men?

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Voltano said:
Good episode. But Graham, for the record: The protagonist's name in "Soul Reaver" is Raziel--the "R" is not silent. :p
I was just about to say the same thing. Other than that, good episode.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Wait, why he start to burn? I get that that's his thing, but it seemed really unnecessary at the time.
Loved your reasoning for character choice, I would have probably thought the same thing.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
MatParker116 said:
What's the goth chick from the runaways doing in an X-Men game?
What can I say to that, other than the obvious?

When blood is shed, let the Staff of One come forth.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
That was a horrible pun by Paul at the end. Horrible in a way where it was so bad it was good.

DVS BSTrD said:
Actually Magneto and Xavier weren't defeated by Bastion. They just locked themselves inside Cerebro so they could keep playing it without the others bother them.
...That made me chuckle a bit. Mainly because I'm playing through Bastion right now.

Zyxzy

Apr 16, 2009
That cutscene was thoroughly mediocre. Not, good, not bad, not so bad it's good, just underwhelming.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
I actually love the idea behind X-Men Destiny. A Bio-ware inspired RPG where you get to create the newest member of the X-Men from scratch! That sounds awsome!!! Its just too bad they forgot to make the game any good.

Despite it being terrible I don't think you should bash the game because it doesn't let you play an established X-Men character. That was their one good idea. Bash the game for being utter shit.

I've played X-Men games that let you use the established X-Men, some of them were good. Many of them were shit. Now i want to make and play my own X-Men.

Mabey someday a better company will come back to this idea. Like Obsidian, or even Bio-ware themselves.

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
Hey!! Why did Paul get away with an "on fire" pun? He usually stops Graham from using puns. He even stopped Graham from using the "on fire" pun twice in the FarCry 2 episode

ForgottenPr0digy said:
because of this game Silcon knights will never get a chance for Too Human 2 because this game did so poorly in sales.
Umm I think Too Human 1 is the reason for no Too Human 2 because it did so poorly in sales. When it's the worst game Yahtzee has reviewed, sequels aren't likely. From what I have seen recently, I get the impression Silicon Knights are overrated.

Ninedeus

Feb 26, 2010
Kapol said:
That was a horrible pun by Paul at the end. Horrible in a way where it was so bad it was good.
Agreed, it came out of nowhere, was completely inappropriate and absolutely hilarious.